Friday, September 6, 2019

Friday, Another chart and below $10,000!

    
     This was a nice way to end a stressful week.  I completed another chart and I paid the mortgage for September along with an additional $1055.00 on the principle.  I am not sure of what our actual balance is as our house payment went up from $1445.00 to $1580.00 because of taxes and insurance increases.  They want to keep an extra percentage in the escrow.  This seems so silly to me as we will pay off the house in a few months, but the money will come back.

     I was able to get most things done in the shop yesterday and even rested for a couple of hours late in the afternoon.  I still have a few things to do in the shop (hem three pairs of pants and shorten the sleeves of a dress shirt) but I will do these while I watch the littles.  Hubs can run interference.  All the ripping is done, and everything is ready to sew.

     I thought I would get out in the yard today with the littles here, but it is overcast and rainy.  If it clears up later I will go out.


     I have two large beautiful eggplant brought to me by my sister and I am going to make two large pans of eggplant Parmesan today. I also think I will try and put away everything in the kitchen that hubs neglects to put away when he does the dishes.  It is comical.  I will take pictures of what he calls a clean kitchen.  If the dishes are done....

     I did get my roots done last night so another thing off the list.  They were bad.

     This morning I ran to the pharmacy to pick up Hubs meds, while he watched the littles, as we get up earlier when we take them, I was at the store before 9 a.m.  This gave me time to hit the meat department mark down section and I hit the mother load. Bacon for $1.25 a pound, and many packages of stew meat for under $2.00 a pound, pork sausage for under $2.00 a lb.  So I will be repackaging meat this morning with my seal a meal.  I bought $136.00 worth of meat for about $37.00.  Now I have to find someplace to put all of it.

     Well there are many things I can get done today even with the littles here, I just have to make sure the eyes in the back of my head are working.

What are you going to try and get done today?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
    

20 comments:

  1. Well done, this is great news, under 10 grand! Hurray !
    J.P. in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I can hardly wait to see what the balance is so I can set a new goal.

      Delete
  2. I am so excited for you that your mortgage will be paid off sooner than you realize! Congratulations! Below $10,000. is phenomenal!

    You did hit the motherlode on that meat! Wow!

    I now have all my work and the blog done for the day so I am going to take a nap! I hope you and your family have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got in a 2 hour nap yesterday and it was wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on under 10 k... wonderful news.

    I finished canning green beans and started on cucumbers. Beets and apples to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay under $10K!!!
    This puppy is going DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The early bird catches the bargain meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, I am going to have to start going early in the morning.

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! Way to go! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girlfriend, right back at you. We are in this together.

      Delete
  7. There is a store in town that reduces meat to early for me to be there...lol. Good jb on meat! Great job on the house balance!

    It is about 11pm and I am going to either eat a bit of chocolate or a piece of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for you! Another card and balance is disappearing!
    I got to do NOTHING I wanted to do today. Mom has turned into a full time job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there, sorry wish I was there to help, she would hate me, but I could handle it.

      Delete
  9. Well done on the chart! My daughter brought over an eggplant that she knew wouldn't get eaten since she is out of town, so I think the eggplant parm sounds pretty good for my house as well, maybe in addition to the meal I am planning and we'll get some leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get mine done probably won't today either but tomorrow it sounds like a great Sunday dinner.

      Delete