Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday, made it through another week!

     Well, well, well here we are on Friday again.  I count that as the end of the week even though Saturday should be, but Saturday is my free day and I just don't count it.  The time drags but also seems to go by very fast.  It is weird. Is any one else observing this feeling?

     I did set up my ironing yesterday and I still have about 8 items left, but I ran out of spray starch.  I am afraid I will have to get a new iron as I have dropped this expensive one so many times it is leaking.  Aggravating.... I also need a new ironing board cover again.  I go through about 4 a year.  Maybe I will make one, I have the supplies.

     Yesterday we braved Wal-Mart for dog,cat and chicken food.  As numbers rise here (although still quite low) we did not want to be without and we were very low on dog food.  This quarantine is likely to go beyond the end of April so before it gets worse we bought more, of the needed foods.

     Social distancing was pretty good here but today I had to go to pick up a needed prescription.  It was at Alberton's.  I wore a mask and picked up all the free items that I had earned through the Monopoly game.  I also won $5.00.  So I came home with free hummus, beans, waffles,cheese.  Hey free is free.  I will take it.  But I was surprised by the number of people at the store and some of them were very unsavory and I had a mask on.  I hate to judge but can you bathe?  Won't be going to the store anytime soon.  We are now well stocked.

     Hubs wants to go for a walk so I am off and then I will come home and finish the ironing.

What are your plans for the weekend?  What are you doing while you are home?  Any projects?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim


     

    

21 comments:

  1. Having a crappy day here so I am declaring Friday over with! Dinner, snuggle with puppies, a drink and going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was there with you I could drink right now and snuggle puppies.

      Delete
    2. We miss you, Slug! What happened to your blog? Hope all is well with you & your family.

      Delete
    3. Having a bleh day. This isolation is killing my joy. :( Sluggy - are you okay. Tried to read your blog today, and was denied. :(

      Delete
  2. I suppose those people do not get out very often or get in touch with water and soap. My iron is gone, so must get a new one. tommy has never owned an iron! I did manage to save my ironing board I bought in 1964. I have to cook dinner. Well, I have to cook chicken and tear up salad that I freshly picked. Alabama is under shelter in place order. We can go to store for food and to get meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim.
    Our numbers are low here, but who knows for how long.
    I have been ironing too.
    But with Steve not working, I don't have too much now.
    Stay safe and cozy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sluggy's blog is listed as private. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is beautiful now so I guess we will venture to the backyard and begin working there. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also wondering and hoping to get invited to Sluggys blog. Now more than ever I hang on to words from the outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. In fact, her Blog is where I link to all others via her sidebar.

      Delete
    2. I'd like to know what happened also. I emailed her by clicking on her name above. When you get to the blogger page just click on email and it gives you her email address. I emailed her this morning but haven't gotten an answer yet -- I sure hope she is okay.

      Delete
  7. Projects here: cleaning and organizing. It's still chilly outside, we are longing for sunshine and warmth here in central NY state. We have decided: no more Walmart. Several people not social distancing AT ALL, one lady with gloves on touching everything, wiping her gloved hand across her nose, ugh. We have a BJ's warehouse nearby, we'll go there from now on, when we really need stuff again. With 8 of us holed up here, we do go through lots of food. It's a strange world right now, that's for sure.
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  8. My iron leaks too, which I don't like. I passed one up one summer at a yard sale that was $25 for a very nice one. I didn't get it and have regretted it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure hope Sluggy is okay. Miss reading her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TO all of you wondering why I am not posting I can't get into my blog. I have now spent hours and will not spend anymore. May have to start a new one. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh thats no good kim, what message are you getting when you try and log into your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, glad you checked in with us. Let us know where you land. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. are you okay??? haven't seen anything since Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you can get back soon. But, I figure you are playing in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete