Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wednesday, I am special

     Sluggy sent me a birthday box, and it contained root touch up which I desperately need.  Also how did she know I needed those eyebrow pencils?  She is a mind reader that girl.  I am wearing the garden gloves today and I have eaten through most of the chocolate(not pictured as in my stomach).



Her card was hilarious. You will have to turn your head sideways to read it as I am not savvy enough to figure out how to turn it.











Keep you head tipped, yes that way a little more, there you go now read.






It really made my day as my TV remote was down and so was the blog.  Thanks Slugs.


Hubs and I are going for a drive after the young man who is mowing our yard is done.  We had to take our mower to the doctor and it won't be home until next week.  So we had the choice of hiring a kid or getting goats.  (kid, goats, *snort*)

The house is still crusty and dirty, I have not finished the ironing, but I don't care, I am going to enjoy the sunshine and the down time while I have it.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

19 comments:

  1. Kim,
    That is a hilarious card! I know how happy you are to get your blog back up. I do know! I finally got a universal remote that is probably rotting in the dump or in something and its batteries are corroding other things of mine. That table looks exactly like one I had. I need to see the whole top. Do you see a "rotate" button? It will rotate the photo, but I usually rotate it the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are special - how sweet.
    Hope you enjoy the day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but I am really not sweet. I just took one of those dumb internet tests to have a word describe oneself, mine was KIND. I would never pick that work to describe myself... I have too much time on my hands.

      Delete
  3. What a funny card! Happy Birthday Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is just gorgeous! Belated Birthday Wishes to you Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is hilarious, but your post's title really bothers me. You seem to be making fun of special ed. students. If that's the case, well, lucky you, never having to watch a child you love who needs these services struggle with ignorance, being the butt of jokes, and downright cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meg I am sorry, I did not mean that and I will alter it. I too had a daughter that would have had special needs and I would have done anything to keep her here. I did not mean to be offensive.

      Delete
  6. I turned the computer sideways and still couldn't read it. It would help if I was wearing my glasses probably. I hope the drive was nice!
    My yard looks so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I see the card was unsigned-like it could be used again? Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol!!! love them! Stay sane and safe woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I turned my laptop sideways AND have my reading glasses on. I am special needs, have a child, brother and grandkids that are special needs... did NOT think you were making fun of anyone... YOU ARE SPECIAL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is special, but her title was I am Special (ed), which is self deprecating at the expense of those who need special educational services. I knew for a fact she didn't intend to hurt anybody's feelings, but I will never, ever let something like that slide. Nor would Kim want me to, and would indeed call another person out for the very same. And THAT is one of the very many reason why she is such a special blogger, and great human being.

      Delete
    2. Our family has always used the funny words our kids make mistakes such as Our oldest saying she was proud to us when she was little. We now always say I am very proud to you. We also say we are specialed as this was a grammatical mistake by our second daughter. I did this more for family. I am sorry it was taken the wrong way.

      Delete