Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Wednesday, Still planting

     I planted a lot yesterday and have about 3/4 of the garden planted.  I have about 36 bean starts left over that I will put out on the church web site and see if anyone wants them.  Also my corn was not quite ready to transplant so only 1/3 is done.  I need to wait for the seedlings to root a little bit more.

     My lovely neighbor gave me  4 large tomato plants and some cucumbers.  She has peppers and cherry tomato plants ready in a week.  So nice to not have to buy them.  I transplanted 12 large sunflowers that had seeded them selves before we tilled and they are doing fine.  They were a little shocked and droopy at first but have recovered nicely.

     Today I have several flowers that I need to plant and I still have to do the wheelbarrow.  However I feel like I have a migraine coming on, so not much might get done today.  Just this awful pressure in my head and the front of my face and jaw.  Might be allergies, I hope so.

     I have a bride coming in at 2 to day so I don't want to get dirty until after she comes. 

Took a load of laundry over to Lil sis's to dry, and I have another that needs to go over later.  I killed a very expensive begonia plant of hers, becasue I over watered it. I will have to go see if I can replace it.  I feel terrible about it.

      Well I am going to go out a water and putz around until the bride come.  Then I will plant what is left, and probably go over to the nursery and replace the plant I killed of Lil sis'

     Cheryl has a post up about inventorying the things you have in storage and I realize I really need to use up tomatoes both frozen and canned, so I see a major batch or two of spag sauce in my future.  I will probably can some also.

Any plans for today?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

12 comments:

  1. I have been in and out of bed today and you would think I had the virus. No, just the same old allergy crud I get every year. Hopefully, I will make it through cooking dinner--turkey legs and sweet potatoes. I got half dead crook neck squash plants and a curly parsley that were half dead. After water and soaking in a pan all night, they are like new little plants. Now, to nurture them a bit more. I thought the blog title was painting and not planting. I kept reading to find the painting part...lol. I told you I am sick. How big is your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not too large, probably 25 by 60 feet. But I get a lot off that little plot of soil.

      Delete
  2. How cool you are getting the garden out already. It will be a few weeks before I can plant. Have frost coming again this weekend.
    I have never heard of starting corn before planting - interesting. Daddy always just sowed it right in the ground. Beans as well.
    Don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always start mine and transplant, I just have better luck.

      Delete
  3. I hope your headaches eases Kim. - there is nothing worse. Sometimes being out in the fresh air can help though not if you are bending forward planting. Take care my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it abated, just allergies. This time of year is tricky.

      Delete
  4. Hi KIm!
    Your gardening sounds lovely.
    Sadly, I am horrible at all things like that.
    I guess I will live through you!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is something you have to work at. I used to say that my plastic flowers died, but I have become better at growing things.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you are going to have a huge garden! We have a few potted plants going, and I saw my first strawberry today. Hopefully it ripens before the squirrels eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not that large, maybe large to some, but we sure get lot off it.

      Delete
  6. can plant cool weather crops right now. Hubby told me I couldn't transplant corn and then I proved him wrong when the windstorm took down the popcorn. I transplanted it into a sq ft garden and it did fine. Allergies kicking up a lot with being out in the dirt. Hope your headache is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete