Thursday, April 9, 2020

Thursday, enjoying the sunshine

     I was at Lil sis's yesterday and her Easter grass was up.  Mine is not but I used wheat seed.  I checked it this morning and a few shoots were up so I am hoping for more in the next three days.  Have to have Easter grass as I have no other way to really celebrate, but I am going to get hubs to dye eggs with me.

     We spent about 5 hours yesterday just driving and hiking Hub's old timber sales.  We went to see how his tree plantings that he did a few years before he retired are doing.  Some slopes are great and some not doing well at all.  It was still snowy on some trails, so I was happy I brought along my muck boots.  The dog loved the day as he did not have to be on a leash and could bound any where and smell all the smells he wanted.

     It was 73 degrees in the mountains.  So beautiful and sunny.  I plan to do this again next week and now that gas is below $2.00 a gallon I don't mind going out so much.  Hubs was having the time of his life and this was so good for him.

     I was going to make cookies today but it is so warm and nice outside I will wait until the weather turns, that is going to happen this weekend and I will be stuck in the house.

     Today is all about flower beds and weeding and cleaning.  Maybe a long walk, maybe I will do the bridges today.  I am loving the weather.  Just so happy to be out in the sunshine.  No matter how bad this isolation gets, you can always appreciate nature.

     So I am off to get the boots on and my garden gloves, Hurray!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day. I spent a lot of time outdoors as we got almost to 80* a couple days. Today - is flipping cold! windy, damp, cloudy and chilly. Oh well, today I work inside. I can still watch the squirrels and birds from the window.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if the weather didn't turn we would not appreciate it as much would we. Says me who knows it is going to be a nice day here so I can offer all kinds of great advice I would not take myself....

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a good day outside, Kim. I was outside as well. It wasn't hot and the sun was shining and I took some pictures of the flowers in bloom.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out and about! I am going stir crazy now
    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good day to get outside! It sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we need a little drive, perhaps on Sunday before the family Zoom calls and after brunch. Tomorrow I hope to get outside for much of the day, raking and thinking about where my garden plants might go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, I swear digging in the dirt is good for the soul.

      Delete
  6. Hi, I am a new visitor to your blog, coming over from Billie Jo's blog. I live in Utah. I will be back to visit again soon. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete