Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday, Catch up today!

     Our day in the mountains was lovely.  We hiked a trail around a reservoir.  Roscoe the dog had to be in the lead the whole time.  His little legs are so short that is was funny to see him try and figure out how to get over and around logs that had fallen across the trail.  I wanted to continue onto another base camp but Hubs foot started to bother him so only did a 4 mile hike.   It was 70 outside but about 60 under the tree cover.  Everything was green and lush and beautiful.  It smelled so nice, like being in a fairy land.

     This really solidifies that hubs and I will eventually buy a piece of property out and about in the next few years.  We just love being out too much and can spend hours outside just roaming around. Another dream that may come to pass with hard work and thought.

     Today I am going to sew masks and do laundry and clean.  Blah!  Not that exciting but it certainly needs to be done  Hubs was completely out of underwear!  The horror....  All this free time has not been good for my house work schedule as I find that I just don't do it. 

     Right now there is a washer full of whites to be hung on the line, and a load of darks to put in the washer and then take to Lil sis's.  I need to take Easter down and put it away, and then do a general sweep through the upstairs.  Vacuuming is a must today.  We have dark burgundy oriental rugs in the frontroom and hall and I am telling you with a dog that sheds nonstop and two grey cats, the rugs take on a light grey hew this time of year.

     Many of my seedlings are up for the garden but need to grow bigger. I am going to get Hubs to till the garden again to make the straw go even farther into the soil.  We have let it rot for a few weeks.  I cannot plant until the frost is off.  We are still getting some really cold nights.

     What are you guys going to do today?  Any plans?  Any housework you are avoiding?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. I am avoiding doing dishes. The laundry is done. I need to go out and pick kale, red lettuce, and Romaine lettuce. Then, I should plant carrots and wave petunias. I DO NOT want to cook dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I could pick salad greens out of my garden.

      Delete
  2. We got a square cleared for the garden, got some bread made, and puppie treats. I had a crisis issue to work on for work, so that took several hours of my Saturday. I'm calling it good today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, a crisis at work on a Saturday, you never get any real time off do you. Feel bad for you.

      Delete
  3. I am going to let you be the first to hear this confession: I am starting to get antsy! Last night I really wanted to zip down to a friend, and stroll through the nursery with her. Plus, I am fretting over the school situation. Today, I have cleaned the house top to bottom, washed three loads of laundry, and made some candles for a friend's birthday gift. In a bit I'll drop them off on her doorstop, and then phone her to let her know they are there. Dinner is going to be a very uninspired spaghetti and meatballs which I need to get started soon. Tomorrow should be better, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone. My Lil sis and I put on masks yesterday and went to a local nursery and bought flowers for our boxes. We were alone almost all of the time. It was great. I wish I could get the inspiration to clean my house.

      Delete
  4. I have been working on the declutter and downsize of my client's home this weekend, going back today for another load, and dropping off some small tables with a friend who will paint them so they can be auctioned off to raise money for St Judes later this year. At least I have supper figured out for tonight--I will put a roast in the crockpot before we leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see. . . I cleaned yesterday (although, the boys cleaned the bathrooms, so I will probably take a quick pass over those again). I'm setting out paper towels that we stumbled across at Costco yesterday, for a friend who needs them. I will work out, work in the yard, make muffins, meditate, journal, read a book in the sunshine...and, that's probably it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as you don't have to maintain part of those acres it will be great to see that dream come true. We got 5 acres... not a lot of trees but enough for dapple shade on one acre... We cash rent 3 to E... THANKFUL he wanted it as Hubby realized that taking care of 2 acres is 20 hrs of work a week with the tractor mower, worse with the riding lawn mower. Still getting frost here... Will start harding off the Brussels Sprouts. Seedlings are doing fine, starting more seeds and putting dirt in the first 5 sq boxes today.

    ReplyDelete