Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday, I buy rocks!

     Finally the water is on and I can plant the garden and a few more things. So even though it is not sunny out, I will be outside most of the rest of the day.  Does this make me happy?  Yes!

We have 4 neighbor kids that live a couple blocks down the hill from us and we see them as we pass by in our vehicles.

  On Saturday they were flagging down cars to buy rocks. They had painted rocks to earn money.  I am still laughing about it as they were so funny and cute. They were so happy when we stopped and bought a little blue rock from them.  What entrepreneurs.  I have to say as a child I found several ways to make money but I never sold rocks. Hubs and I giggled about it off and on all day, but then we are easily entertained  these days.
    
   I have to get another bag of potting soil for my wheelbarrow garden and I have flowers ready to plant in it. I also have several Sun flower starts coming up in the garden so I am going to go out and dig some up to transplant before hubs finally FINALLY tills it again.

Have a a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

18 comments:

  1. Wow, I would love to have painted rocks in my rock garden. I amuse E our Amish neighbor as I was picking rocks out of the field before he planted it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at all the huge rock fences in Ireland all from rocks out of the ground.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of using an old wheelbarrow as a planter. I wish I had one. I would buy some painted rocks from neighborhood kids. Fun idea. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited 25 years for our old one to get holes in the bottom and then put a piece of metal in and repainted it for a yard display.

      Delete
  3. It is lovely to read of you doing spring garden plantings as we go into autumn here Kim. I have a wheelbarrow planter too & I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact that we are on opposite sides of the growing spectrum it keeps me abreast of the seasons.

      Delete
  4. So happy you can do your planting! We are working on our deck now, but it is really chilly here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really windy yesterday,so not much got planted.

      Delete
  5. I didn't buy any rocks - but moved rocks today - BIG rocks. Oh my back!
    I love those little painted rocks - how neat for the kids to earn a little money. Hey, they sold pet rocks back in the day and somebody made a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys were so funny. I still giggle about them.

      Delete
  6. I have only the bed of my wheelbarrow left, so I may make holes in it and plant something. Maybe squash since they have pretty flowers. That is cute they are selling rocks. Little ones or garden rocks. I assume little ones to carry in your hand. But, Chef seems to say they are large ones for garden decorations. Tommy and I are always laughing at the antics of children we see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not buy rocks or move rocks, but I must have rocks in my head because I bought a 17.5 lb pork butt today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must be related to my son who is single and bought 2 pork butts that weighed over 10 lbs LOL

      Delete
    2. I used to love roast pork it was my favorite meal but now my system cannot tolerate it, however I have three huge hams in the freezer and one thawing on my counter.

      Delete
  8. We need to buy new rocks for around th house. Maybe though I can move form the back tot he front since we won't need rocks back there with a patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually more money has been made world wide from hauling and mining rock than from any other form of mineral. We think of it as having no value.

      Delete
  9. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete