Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tuesday, I did something!



Don't get to excited, it was nothing in the house.  It was all outside.  I mean all of it.  Short of cooking dinner.

I had to laugh at my favorite clothing web site (Talbots) I wear almost exclusively, as they fit well.  But they are expensive and I just wait for the 80% off sales. They advertised today about how we should have a stay at home style.  Yeah like right!  I have a stay at home style that is nothing like their picture at their web site.  This is more me but without the cigarette.  Substitute a diet coke.

I actually put out 6 bags of bark and planted almost all of my flower boxes. I am so proud to me.  I was able to get a little over 12,000 steps doing this.  There are still holes to fill, but they can wait.  It was a gorgeous day about 75 degrees and today is the same.  So I will be outside soon dragging mulch bags around and planting some more.  Our sprinkler system will be turned on next Monday so I can plant the garden.  Hubs needs to till it one more time, I think I have mentioned that before.  I know I have mentioned it to him more than once......Hmmmmm.....

     Our pond is now on the fritz and needs a new liner.  This will be a lot of hard dirty work.  But first I am going to see if the leak is just in one of the seams. Yikes not looking forward to this job at all.

I have told myself that this lack of doing any housework has got to stop and I will devote at least one hour a day to the house.  I will set the timer for 15 minute intervals and do something.  Who wants to clean three dirty toilets?  Not me.  I will expect those of you who read this mess to hold me accountable..  Any takers?  Rhonda please I am begging you.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day - you accomplished more than I did today!!!!
    You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am so trying to be productive but failing most of the time...

      Delete
  2. I am holding you accountable for nothing. My stay at home style is to take a shower, moistures my face and put on seriously baggy comfortable clothes. Anything else that gets done is gravy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing?, how about eating two bags of Easter candy on the sly when my husband was not looking.

      Delete
  3. Goodness me Kim - I would hate to picture my stay at home style. Its called "not looking in any mirrors"! You achieved loads outside - how I wish our garden centres were open. We cant even order anything like that online as its not deemed "essential". If you can find the leak in your pond liner you can patch it - we did with ours once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that is what we will do first. There is a seam and I know it is leaking there, but what alot of work it will be.

      Delete
  4. Kim... I posted fur balls on my blog LOL

    I'm going to have to check the stay at home outfits...right now mine is sweats and tees during the winter and skorts or shorts and tees during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Anne, if I get up at all these days, have my iced tea and meds and cook ANY meals before getting into bed for the night, I call it a win!

    Side Note-I just came downstairs to make dinner after a lovely nap and it is snowing and the guy across the street is out there on his lawn tractor(the property is about 1/4 of an acre so you know he really NEEDS a lawn tractor)moving the non-existent/brown lawn. I think he just got home from work(he owns an insurance agency and is telecommuting)and can't handle being in the house with the wife a minute longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is about what I am doing most days unless it is nice outside and today it is crappy so I am not happy. I rhymed.

      Delete
  6. I often wear mismatched clothes, often just pajama capri style pants with short dress or longish top. I still dress better than Tommy...lol. We are not stylish here. It is 74 here and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pollen is really high here and my eyes just can't stand to be out in it, so I am inside most of the time. I am in a rut of wearing black tricot pajama pants and alternating three long sleeve thin cotton tees. One of them is sewn with some sort of itchy thread,so I wear it inside out, because the seams make my neck and sides itch. I have a corn on one toe so I am usually wearing non slip socks on my feet instead of shoes. But every morning,I still fix my hair,moisturize my face, and put on concealer,blush and lipstick. I feel odd and look sickly with no makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get up, get in the shower ( if I don't, I will get nothing done the rest of the day!) I typically wear shorts and t-shirt with sneakers. I work with the kids and their distance learning until about 2ish, I take a power nap and maybe fix dinner. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love Talbots - but seriously! I consider it a good day if I manage to both shower and get semi-dressed both on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I search the website every morning and then decide I don't need anything. A good day for me is getting up before 10:30 these days. What happens when we have to return to normal? What is normal?

      Delete
  10. Wow 12,000 steps is terrific! Way to go Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is my goal for the day, but some days it just does not happen.

      Delete
  11. Here's a thought....since the pond is such a PITA(yes dear, you b*&ch about it every Spring!lol)just yank that sucker out. Is is really a selling point for the house when you eventually get it on the market after this mess is over with or will it turn off buyers thinking, "Good G*d, something else to deal with every year in the yard!". Not everyone likes to play in dirt as much as you(me raising my hand).
    Getting rid of it frees up time and money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good thought, and one we should consider. I will talk to Joel.

      Delete
  12. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete