Monday, March 14, 2022

Monday, Another chart!, Pie day! Pi day!


 Well with three wedding dresses going out last week, I completed another chart.  I was surprised.  But it is now catch-up season. As in the shop gets bombed and Kim spends the rest of the season trying to catch up!

 That is okay I will take it.  I have a trip to pay for and a wedding in St. Louis.  My Aunt in Minnesota seems to be going downhill and I am thinking of bringing her out here, where it is warmer.  She has always suffered from asthma. The cold affects it. She really needs to be in a warmer climate at least in the winter.  But all her kids and grandkids live in really cold climates.  At 87 I think some decisions just have to be made for her. Just one more thing to add to my already over burdened life.  But family is family.  Plus my father's ghost, will not be good to me if I let this ball drop.

Had a talk with Sis today about maybe, splitting the winters with Auntie at her place and my place. We will have to eventually do something. 

I had a great weekend.  I did not do some of the things I planned, but it was still nice and lazy.  I did not clean house at all and boy is it a catch up today. With laundry and such.  But that is okay. 

It was very warm and beautiful on Saturday.  I slept in and hubs and I pooped around the house and then went to the hardware store, where I got a large free bag of bird seed with my birthday coupon.  Then we came home and I planted my seedlings.  Hubs and I put out the portable greenhouse, and we also pulled grass from the rockery on a major strip behind the house.  

Then we took the dog for a long walk on the levy.  The first one of the year.  We didn't even wear coats. It was 65 and so lovely. We then walked across from the levy park where they have opened an eating place that is just trailers and tables.  All outside.  We had dinner.  Ordered Mexican and it was so good, and then had caramel bear claws for dessert.  Went to the pharmacy to put in orders for meds and I bought a couple of bunches of daffodils. It was a splurge.

My daffodils!  Kim in her overalls, wearing what makes me happiest. 

So, I got out of cooking Saturday, and Sunday after church I made homemade pancakes and eggs.  I took a good long nap Sunday afternoon, as daylight savings always kicks my butt. Daughter came by late in the afternoon with Schmills and Kelsa.  Daughter and I took another long walk on the levy, while grandpa watched the kids. Not as warm and nice as Saturday, but warm enough.

I kept Kelsa last night and she is here all day.  Hub's will pick up Schmills from school and they have been instructed to go a buy pie(s). It is National Pi day.  I know I should be making them, but this grandma has too much to do and Schmills will feel special getting pick out his own Pie.


Yum, pie! I am letting Schmills and Hubs choose, they are to surprise me.

So I have the last load of laundry in the dryer, and the other two loads that are dry are on the bed. I really need to get in the kitchen and do some wipe down and cleaning. Have no idea what is for dinner other than pie.

I need to do a general pick up and a good vacuum of the whole house, then get to some hand work on a wedding dress that was tried on this morning.

I open at 10 and by 11:30 there were 9 different people here.  So it is busy. Plus I have more fittings today. Makes me think I should have been a little more productive on the house this weekend.  Oh well.  You need to just do nothing once in a while. Found out one of the local proms is the 16th of April, which is good as I will not be gone then.  If all the prom are before I leave at the end of April, it will be a lot less stressful for me.

Hubs just got home with a sleeping Kelsa, so I am going to hurry and get some things done before se wakes. Then try and get this wedding dress done and another started.  Well maybe two more started wouldn't that be nice?  A girl can dream you know.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


18 comments:

  1. So what kind of pie are you having??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only pie for dinner? Where is the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pie, mmm, but I'm actually making progress eating better. I can make DH a quick single apple crisp if he has his heart on it. Caramel bear claws though- no holding me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my forgot all about it being Pi day. Dang, I could have pulled a pumpkin pie out of the freezer for dessert.

    Glad to read that you had a nice weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I had crusts and I had pumpkin and I should have done that as that is the kind Schmills looked for at the store. But they were out.

      Delete
  5. My son was three-years-old in 1971 when American Pie came out. We sang songs with the radio and he wanted to know what was a levee. He obsessed over seeing a levee. Luckily, we lived in Missouri and there were plenty of levees, so his father took him. I don't think I ever saw anyone walking on the levees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a levy system all around the edges of the Snake and Clearwater confluence. It is 24 miles of levees, built by the CCC. Lewiston flooded every year until these were built. There are walkways on top of the levees, and it is a beautiful place to walk.

      Delete
  6. Many years ago I had a small at home business making Christmas desserts for people. My motto (printed on my business cards ) was "life is uncertain___eat dessert first"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a relaxing weekend. Sometimes we just need to make the time to do nothing.
    I hope you enjoyed the Pie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, but it made yesterday more chaotic as I had a house to clean and a baby on the crawl.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete