Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday, Spring came!

 

     Kim did not get a weekend. It was run, run, run.  Kim needs a weekend. Saturday was a church meeting and then working a fund raiser at Schmills school in place of Nathan as he was called into work for the State.  Then we took the kids home with us as Signe' had to stay at fundraiser to clean up and she did not get home until after midnight.

Up Sunday to make pancakes for Schmills and then Signe' picked up the kids before we left for church at noon. We rushed home and did the missionary loop to check apartments, which takes about 5 hours of driving.  It is done! ~  

We got home about 6:30 and it was still light outside.  I did not get to taxes, but I did get the St. Patty's Day stuff put away and the Easter things out. I wanted to do that with Schmills, and I am sure he will come and rearrange everything. I also did two loads of laundry, but that is the extent of what I got done. Oh no on second thought I did get my ticket to nieces wedding bought and that has been on my mind also.

I have 4 wedding dresses ripped and ready for second fittings.  Two have already arrived this morning and one is set for a fitting tomorrow, so just waiting on one more. I am trying to get caught up as the prom dresses will be piling in soon.  Them sometimes I think, just give up.  You will catch up next fall. I just don't like so much product in the shop. Three of the wedding dresses that are ready for fittings are ball gowns and they take up so much room.  I just want them out of here!!!!!

I am not sure where to start today, there is so much to do.  But I have to start somewhere.  I do have chicken breasts and burger out thawing. We are having the chicken today along with asparagus, some kind of salad and I am cooking up a package of spinach that will go bad. I will either freeze or put it in something. I am thinking a quiche. Now that dinner is figured out what is Kim going to do today?

1. get deco boxes put away in garage 

2. pull out something for dinner

3. shorten a white dress

4. fix a suit

5. hem and steam a bridesmaid dress (started last Friday)

6. alter a bridesmaid dress with new zipper and take in (started last Friday)

7. finish a wedding dress

8. pull lace motifs off a wedding dress and hem and bustle.

I doubt I get to all of this, but I am going to try. Altering ball gown wedding dresses is just over whelming sometimes as they are so large and cumbersome.  Like fighting a mad 2-year-old.

I am telling myself I can do it; I can do it.  I will do it.

How many of you have your taxes in? Please shame me so I will care about getting them done at all.  Please?  Pretty Please? I need lots of shaming. 

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

15 comments:

  1. You sure are productive. No taxes done here either. I will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I will be charged more at accountant if I wait until April, so have to get them out this week.

      Delete
  2. I did not think it was legal to do taxes before April 13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked on voluminous dresses and you cannot let go because you lose your place. It is terrifying sometimes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have three of those beasts hanging right now!!!

      Delete
  4. Even miss disorganized Sam is done with taxes- but I can't take credit. That's all hubs doing. I still need to complete bathe FAFSA! I can't imagine the complex dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated the FAFSA almost as much as I hated Taxes. 17 years in a row I filled that sucker out.

      Delete
  5. I need a nap after just reading all you did this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know Lori I needed one also, sniff, sigh!

      Delete
  6. Taxes are done and already got refund. NOW do your taxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used an accountant (first time in years), as we sold an out of state property. He saved us $7k from the way we would have done it, due to some complexities, so I'm feeling happy with the investment.

    Are there younger people in your church who can pick up some/more of the missionary work? I feel like you can suggest slowly offloading that to others, vs carrying a bunch of additional tasks that wear you out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this task is for older folks like us. We have to check a variety of safety measures in apartments. Like dryer, lint, traps, and plumbing, and smoke detectors, cleanliness plus have to have the skills to fix things. Like last week we unclogged a bathtub drain, and replaced parts in a toilet. This involves tools and knowledge, something many don't have. But I would love to get rid of this gig. The higher ups are always panicking that we are going to ask for a dismissal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taxes done and refund received. Don't ask about the states taxes 🙄

    ReplyDelete