Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Tuesday, crying over spilled juice

I just heard a commotion from kitchen, that sounded like baton twirling, soft swearing and splashing and then a loud thud. I did not want to go check, but I knew it was bad.  It was.  Hubs was making lunch and he is shaking (per usual)
he knocked a full bottle of juice out of fridge that did not have a tight lid (he has a hard time getting lids on correctly) so as it fell, he tried to catch it and all he did was twirl it around a few times splashing juice everywhere until it hit the ground.  I must say he almost emptied the 1/2 gallon.  I wish I gotten it on tape.

So, I spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees sopping up sticky and then going over and over the sticky with hot clothes.  Still do not know if it is completely cleaned up.  I am sure I will find sticky splashed later.  Hubs was so upset with himself and kept trying to help me.  I finally told him to go sit down and eat.  He cannot get down on the floor and clean it up, it just would not be done right.  I did not tell him that.  He is due back at the high school to meet another music teacher. Poor guy, I know he felt terrible.

I did not do anything in the order, I thought I would yesterday, but I have to say I was able to knock out quite a bit of work. I sewed until about 9:30 last night as Kelsa and Schmills left at 6.  I have 4 wedding dresses ready for fitting, and the three that are ball gowns are DONE!  All except cutting the top layers, which is done with the bride in the dress.  SO hopefully those will be out in the next few days, and I can have my shop back. 

I also was able to complete one bridesmaid dress and have the suit ready to alter.  SO today, I know what I want to get done.  I am just so happy that I pushed through on those dang dresses.  They are just so much work and so hard to handle.

I am going to do spaghetti for dinner as I am sure Hub's will be home after the school closes and then he will have to go back this evening for a concert.  I will have the evening to sew in peace which is always nice.

I talked my Lil sis off the ledge last night as she is going through the final preps for her oldest daughter's wedding.  Of course, they are over budget, and trying to cut costs.  I went to dollar store in a rush and picked up 8 spools of ribbon, to prove to her something could be made quickly to save over $70.00.  Also went through items one by one with her and told her, over and over again, we can do that ourselves.  And we can.  I know I can.  I fly in on a Wednesday and I can have many things done by late Wednesday and then when they are all out on Thursday at rehearsals, I and Sissie can knock out almost all the rest of the favors, grooms cake, and Friday we can do the flowers.  Got to keep that Lil sister of mine to keep that credit card in her purse. 

Well I am off to get something done, don't know what but I am sure I will find something.... yuck, yuck.  Just walked across kitchen and I  was thwack, thwacking, so I see a hot bucket of pinesoll and a mop in my future.  How about yours?  I hope yours is more fun.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can just imagine your poor husband trying not to drop the juice, and then it going everywhere! I feel for you both!

    Great work on plowing through all those dresses! It's amazing what we can accomplish when we just knuckle down and do it.

    Good for you for helping your stressed-out little sis with all those fiddly wedding bits. Today is actually my 25th wedding anniversary, and I'm reminded that we were very parsimonious with it - the entire wedding cost $2,000 (in 1997). We asked friends to do things like invitations, photography, the cake as their gifts to us. It saved us so much money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called in favors when my three girls were married believe me! I know my eldest had her cake made by a summer stock director I had choreographed a tornado for a few years earlier. Troop was running out of money, and she called and asked me to come up to the University and choreograph a tornado. It was theater in the round so that made it a little easier, but... You call in favors. It works.

      Delete
  2. I feel so for your hubby - that has to be so frustrating for him. My heart truly goes out to him. We take so much for granted and then when we lose bits of ourselves, we just aren't the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I could tell he was so upset, that I was cleaning the mess, but he would have done the same for me.

      Delete
  3. oh, poor hubby! I wonder if there is a better kind of container you could pour juice into that is easier for him to handle or easier to get the lid on/down tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is in the works. Like a very small container and the larger one stays out in the garage fridge, that I control.

      Delete
  4. I've had my hands freeze in me and have made terrible sticky messes. I feel bad for your hubs as I can relate. The gowns sound gorgeous. I forgot what I said I'd make for supper. Need to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you wish sometimes that you didn't have to think about supper?

      Delete
  5. There is nothing good to spill on the floor and I hate my feet sticking to the floor! However, spilled milk that is not cleaned up well, makes the floor slippery as ice. I would rather spill juice than milk! Poor guy! I did go and plant the two Romaine plants like you told me to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good now tell me to get in my shop and clean it!

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry for the sticky mess. Sticky stuff on the floor is the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for how your hubs felt. As for the wedding, kudos to yu for being such a good big sis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your hubs. I'm sure he felt bad. Glad you're getting caught up on your work in time to leave for the wedding.
    There are a lot of ways to save money doing things yourself. I'm sure it's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am running the show so I am sure I will squeeze in my frugal ways.

      Delete
  9. Hubby shakes and drops a lot. I've used my foot, his foot or Charlotte's tongue (dogs are good for some things) more than once until I could get down and clean

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think Roscoe would have cleaned up the juice. But milk?....

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's frustrating on all sides, I'm sure. My dad has a major hand tremor that he's struggling with, as well as had substantial hearing loss (hearing aids) for 25 years. I know it wears on my mom, and makes my dad feel badly. We all try to work around it, because obviously there's nothing anyone can do about it.

    You've got this! Sticky floors and all. :-)

    ReplyDelete