Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Wednesday, I need a butt kick!

 

I kinda need a butt kick.  I took the day off yesterday.  Met up with an out-of-town friend and did all the secondhand stores and then watched a series on Netflix.  I felt very lazy and guilty at the same time. But I did it and now I have to play catch up.

I was supposed to have a bride here at 10:30 to pick up a dress and she is a no show.  I really need these dresses picked up.  I keep having cars pull in and I think that is her and it is just more work from another client.  So, I guess I am going to have to call her and nag, which I hate to do.

Just had a client drop off egg cartons and extra hangers, and boy am I grateful for both.  Did you know that you can buy egg cartons at the feed store here?  They are $1 a piece.  You can buy a dozen eggs for $1 most of the time.  I suppose you could order them in bulk for a lot less, I just don't have room to store 1000 egg cartons. Hangers are expensive so getting them from clients is great!

The house is a mess. It needs vacuumed and laundry put away, beds seen to, and just a general cleaning. I on the other hand need to be in the shop.  At least Hubs is up with Oliver today and has to be at the high school tonight, so I am left alone to get things done.  I have no excuse not to other than my energy slump.

I am going to call Sissie after this post for a good old chew out, that might help. But them again we will probably just gossip and laugh, and I will get even less done. What to do? what to do? Need some pointers on staying motivated here.  I am usually good at this, and a list will motivate me, but I don't think that is going to work today.

Maybe if I set a timer? Sometimes that helps when I get an attack of the I don't want to's. 

Things I must do today:

1. finish man's suit (it is ripped and ready to press)

2. finish a bridesmaid dress (started and needs the machine)

3. finish a brides maid dress (already started need the machine)

If I can get these few things done, I will feel better and then maybe I can convince myself too actually be productive.

I did fill the bird feeder and watched the birds for a while.  I did scatter birdseed over the fence and watched a little clutch of baby bunnies come and eat. I did check on my seedlings and some of them have sprouted. You know all necessary things that lead to work getting done.  Watching seedlings grow.

Come on do any of you ever get like this?  Blah!

Kim is talking herself into working. Kim is talking to herself..... send help quick.  Or at least make me laugh.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim


23 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a well deserved fun day. Well the party is over so get busy!!
    (did that work???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, it must have worked as I really got a lot done.

      Delete
  2. Yep, set that timer for work and then take a break after. Set the timer again and then break. Repeat!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resting & relaxing is awesome, so you can energize for today! I have to go get busy as well, so join me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have worked because I really kicked but yesterday!

      Delete
  4. charge her a late fee of $30/day. You are not in business to be abused. You are a business woman. Assert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have told every bride this year that after 48 hours I will charge a $25.00 storage fee per day. Guess what? Bride will be here tomorrow and I have not had one dress this year, that has been left. This is the first one, but she got back to me this morning and will be here tomorrow, so she is pushing the 48 hours.

      Delete
  5. You will have to pay the piper for playing! So, get to work, now! I thought you were charging for late pickups???

    I do procrastinate a bit. Right now, I am watching a butterfly program instead of getting up and putting dinner in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I jumped off the same star. Actually they have 48 hours and then charges set in for storage. This is the first bride to challenge me. But she called this morning and is coming in tommorow, or charges start.

      Delete
  6. Kim, you NEED to have days like this - you require a day off every so often to recharge your own batteries! All this constant go go go will take a toll on you over time - it takes a ton of emotional energy to deal with people, you're doing physical work, including detail work, and you're also maintaining your home! You have an excess of what is known as "emotional load" - doing a ton of things at once. People who have high emotional loads get stressed out, and it can start to affect your physical health. So, missy, I am telling YOU: Good for you! You deserve a day off! *stands and applauds*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am a pusher especially on myself, and it has taken years for me to even try and slow down. But I will tell you that I love my life. Today is my birthday and one of my daughter's is coming down to go with me to garden centers and buy flowers. So excited. No sewing today either!!!!

      Delete
  7. I just started reading your blog recently (started from the beginning and am now a year back, but I saw that you said it was your birthday this day last year, so Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And now I will ask why? I mean really there are great novels out there full of very interesting characters.

      Delete
  8. I am thinking you need to make time for play a few times a week. Everybody needs a break and some fun. So, I am glad you had a good time with a friend. As for late pickups, I agree with Elle's comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mind and body told you a day off is needed. I'm the worst at procrastinating so no kick from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh SAM come on I would gladly kick you if needed. One kicker to another:)

      Delete
  10. Oops, I think I missed the time zone difference between us, so Happy Birthday today! I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I talk to myself and even answer myself sometimes. No judgement here!
    Oh, and nag away! Sometimes nagging is a little cathartic!

    ReplyDelete