Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Tuesday, I thought Hub's retired?


 This is the image I saw in my head when hubs retired.  Today's schedule: Go to church to help a woman's group set up 10-12, get to a volunteer program to unload wheelchair ramps, 1-3, get to high school to set up and run tech for a parents meeting. 5:30 to 8? He gets to grab something to eat in between.

I had a bride at 11:00, a pickup at 1:00 I have to run a neighbor to a food bank at 1:30 , then another fitting at 4:00, then I work at a local food bank tonight at 6.  I hope to get some sewing in between trips.

Last night I did all the hand work on a wedding dress after Kelsa left. I was sewing until midnight.  It was a mermaid dress covered in lace that had to be taken in all the way down.  So lace had to be picked off the three layers underneath taken in and then all that lace hand sewn back on, it seemed to take forever.  But it is out of the shop and I have another I am going to work on hopefully before I leave.  I also have piles to do today.  Have to keep those piles done.

Weddings and wedding attire take up most of my time during the high season, but the piles are year round and I need them during slow times. They are my bread and butter.  Right now I have 6 bridesmaid dresses in the shop that need to be altered, so I am going to set aside a day for them.  Hopefully this week.

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning ( which I should have done Saturday).  But the house is mopped and vacuumed.  It will hold for another week. Plus Kelsa just follows me around, while I work.  Hubs did take her for two walks in the stroller yesterday, which she enjoys. And grandma enjoys having her out of the house.

Schmills picked out an apple pie with grandpa and when he got home form school he had pie. I had hubs pick up three items that were his that I had dry cleaned. One sport coat he wears to church quite often and two Filson wool vests he wears al the time in the winter.  It was almost $40.00.  But those vests are about $160.00 a piece and I was not going to try and hand wash them. I knew it would be high but even that shocked me.

I have quite a few red potatoes left over from dinner last night  and I am going to fry them with some bacon, onion, eggs, and cheese.  We called this pitti pan, or pity pan.  As every farm in Sweden had these ingredients. I actually love it. I will serve with home made bread from the freezer.

Well I am off to get a bride dress taken in for a fitting tomorrow.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


18 comments:

  1. Good ness, you do keep busy. I have heard so many people retirement is busier than working!
    Feed me pity pan any time - that sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy day in the life of Kim!

    Did you know that "pitti pan" or "pity pan" is actually from French "petit pain" (pronounced "petty pan")? It means "little bread". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. My parents were Swedish, and they called the dish that. Dad said that the dairy estate always had, cheese, butter, potatoes,eggs, and some kind of fat to cook it in. They did not always have onion. Even during the second world war the wealthy were on rations. Everything went to the war effort. Sweden was neutral but the people were not. Stalin was on the border, and they were much more afraid of Stalin.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You guys are sooooo busy. May the Force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, I need a force. I have eaten two donuts I hope they work.

      Delete
  4. I think its wonderful that Hubs keeps busy Kim ... the old saying "if you don't use it you lose it". It keeps him going I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does. But some days keeping track of his schedule...

      Delete
  5. As long as your husband enjoys what he is doing I say go for it!! The activity is probably good for him and you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, we just pass like two ships in the night and I throw food at him.

      Delete
  6. Lucky brides to have your special touch. I picture Kelsea following you around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got the mermaid dress finished. I would hate to take one apart, much less fit it back together.
    It would be great for him to be gone and busy on days you are not keeping kids, but on those days you need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is like having 3 kids if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  8. It's good that your husband keeps active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs, but sometimes I have no idea where he is or what he is doing.

      Delete