Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wednesday, Another chart!


Onto # 4.  After I delivered the skirts yesterday, I came home a started on a Mother of the bride dress, that was a killer.  All the over lace had to be picked off and then the dress taken in and the lace resewn by hand back onto the dress.  It was painstaking work, let me tell you. Took the wind right out of my sails. 

All the plans I had for piling through the piles went out the window.  SO today I am faced with the piles and a very bad case of the I don't want to's.

I have no excuse as Hubs is up at Oliver's and I have the house to myself' and no interruptions except the door and the phone. 

DO you ever have a load of work and just not enough want to to do it?  When you work for yourself you have to be very disciplined. My discipliner( made up word) seems to have broken. Another diet coke is not going to help. Might have to call the Sissie to get her to yell at me over the phone.

Okay I am making a list and it is going to be a short one as Sluggy says my lists are too long.

1. go into shop

2. sit down at machine

3. do something

4. do anything

I don't think this is working for me.  How about you? Is it working for you?

Let's try this again.

1. hem three pairs of pants

2. hem 3pairs of jeans, and two tops

3. hem a dress

4. hem 2 dresses

5. hem another dress

6. fix some outdoor pants

7. put 13 patches on a leather vest

Okay if I can get this done in the next few hours I can start on the hand work for a wedding dress.  Yippee!

That is my reward for getting the list done.  I get to work on a wedding dress.

No wonder my desire to work is gone.  Now if I had a hot fudge sundae or a doughnut at the the end of the pile....

If Sluggy were here, she would make sure I had a doughnut.  Sissie would just holler at me. 

Okay I am going to stomp into my shop. Stomping in protest will make me feel better. 

Stomping now.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim who is stomping.


 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. I don't work for myself and have a case of, don't want to. Hitting me on the head for daring to take vacation, or just schedule meetings from 8:00-6:00, with barely a potty break. Whoo hoo on the chart. I still don't get it but you do, so kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is worse, because you do have to answer to someone. I guess I have to answer to the public, and my wallet. My wallet screams loudly.

      Delete
  2. You can do it. You can do it! Is that helping???? We all know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I work from home - for myself - & it is hard slog Kim. I totally know what you mean & don't worry because my "discipliner" goes out the window many times too! I have a large Easter Order I should be working on & here I am sitting on the computer & drinking coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drinking a diet coke and reading the blogs. I should be working on a wedding dress!

      Delete
  4. When I sewed, I bribed myself--Linda, when you finish sewing whatever, you can go buy a Hershey bar. It worked since I never missed a Hershey bar opportunity. Go, Kim, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, heh, I love to stomp around! Fellow stomper over here! I am a big procrastinator, so I tend to do things in spurts. No advice here, sorry, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stomp away!!! Some days are just stomping days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually spend at least 5 minutes yelling and raging and stomping on how I am retired and shouldn't have to do anything because that is why I retired. After 5 minutes, when I pause to take a breath, B says to me, "All better now?" Then I shrug my shoulders and go get the stuff done.

    ReplyDelete