Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wednesday, Okay stop already...


 Okay we all knew this was coming.  But now it is here, and Kim is declaring a Halt to all business in the shop.  She must catch up. All that whining a few weeks ago about not enough to do.  Sniff, shrug, sigh.... Now comes the season of Kim complaining about having too much to do.  Please feel free to unsubscribe from her trauma. I wish I had a button I could push.

Hubs is up with Oliver today and it was my job to feed the chickens as hubs got up late. I took out two pears that were past prime, and a piece of stale bread, one of Kelsa's half eaten apples.  Then collected 13 eggs.  The neighbors are starting to run from us. Too many eggs! But this does keep us supplied in egg cartons.

Kim is in protection mode now.  This morning I had a mother of a missionary call and ask if I would take a bunch of old very wide ties he had been given and make them narrower.  I do all missionary alterations free.  It is one less expense families have to face when getting a son or daughter out in the field. I asked her if he did not have enough ties?  She said no he had way more than he needed but he just liked these.  I told her no, nicely.  In my mind I was thinking.  I am not here to be taken advantage of, I am here to make your child functional, as in taken in pants, or shorten pants, make clothing fit not fashionable.  Was I right?  I just shake my head sometimes.

A man was in this morning with a 300-dollar fishing coat that the zipper was acting up on.  I looked it over carefully and determined that it was off track and the zipper head was too wide on one side to make a proper closure.  I needed my pliers and could not find them in the mess that is now my shop.  I know, I know I just cleaned it, ( I can feel Sissie smacking me right now). So in frustration I just used my teeth.  I told him this is what the Native American women did when they were out on buffalo hunts and could find their pliers.  Zipper worked fine, saving me the angst of replacing the darn thing.  I do this at least 5 times a week.  I never charge, I just say," Be gone peasant, Thou hast saved me the job of replacing the blasted thing."  Plus men when they are ready to go fishing always want the zipper replaced in less than an hour or 24 hours. Again this is part of protection mode.

Kim is protecting her time.  I have hired a  teenage girl who is home schooled and lives down the street, to come in on days that Kelsa is here. She will take her to the park, play outside, play with her and keep her out of the shop.  Daughter will pay the girl.  It works for me.  Kim is protecting herself.

Now I must make a list, I just feel a list is needed for my ADHD mind today.

1. fix outdoor pants

2. replace zipper in an outdoor coat

3. go to JOanns

4. hem two jeans and fix a stuffed animal's arm

5. mend and alter a pile of clothes

6. find staple gun and recover two chair pads

7. run with scissors

8. alter another wedding dress for a fitting

9. hem and fix straps on two flower girl dresses.

10. mend shirt

11. hem a pair of suit pants

12. alter a bridesmaid dress and steam

13. replace zipper in carhartt overall leg

There we will see if I can get through this. Shhh don't tell Sissie but I had two donuts for breakfast and there is a third one.  Asking if I should eat that?

Hubs dug all of last years leeks from the garden. (leeks need two seasons to grow).  I am making leek and potato soup for dinner yum! Leeks are do expensive and they have such good flavor.  I am excited.

Well I am off to go to Joanns to get a zipper and then into the salt mine I go.

After I eat this donut.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


18 comments:

  1. LOL - I laughed a while back when you were SO slow. I knew what was coming!!!
    Yes, on the ties - you were right.
    Eat the darn donut - one donut should never sit. How lonely for it, think of the poor donut for goodness sake!
    You got this - glad to see you saying no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how inconsiderate of me to keep a donut waiting.

      Delete
    2. You left the doughnut alone? by it's self? shame on you. LOL

      Delete
  2. I get it, I really do. I still don't understand your girls knowing you are swamped but you still are providing so much child care. But, as you said, it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reply to the dittos. Ditto,ditto,ditto. I am a sucker for cute. Also, no daycare here with covid. Waiting lists, are long. Thier schedules change constantly, and this is working so far. They will only be little for a short time and then..... I am crazy and a masochist? All of the above.

      Delete
  3. Eat the donut. You need the energy and mental lift. Plus, you can quit thinking about it and lick your lips. With the work you have, I would buy him ties before I would take the time out to make him happy with his favorite ties! Kim is learning. You have a perfect solution with daughter paying the sitter! Can you have her pick up toys and other general work after she is not caring for the baby, like during a nap or after you are finished and pay her well, letting daughter pay for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat the damn donut AND say NO more often!?!

    Cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Kim!! Protecting your time is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I giggled at the random "find staple gun and recover two chair pads." Your lists look like mine. Everything is very similar and then right in the middle is a completely different project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the things I do for people crazy! I am going to have Hubs find the staple gun when he gets home.

      Delete
  7. You should definitely eat the third donut and then a pear (to balance all that sugar). :)

    You have to say no sometimes - narrowing a tie is a lot of work!! I cringed at you using your teeth to fix a zipper, Kim - if you'd broken a tooth, it could end up being a lot of pain and expense. What about a tool belt, like a carpenter? Put your staple gun in there along with your pliers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Sheila that would be organized and make sense. I know I thought about the same thing. One of my daughter's is a dental I have hygienist/anesthetist. I could hear her in my head. I know narrowing a tie cut on the bias and then the hand work...

      Delete