Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday, Getting ready for Christmas

     The shows went great.  My kids were fabulous.  I was so proud of them.  It was a hectic long weekend, but I can't believe at one time I was in charge of that.  How did I do it?  How does ones brain forget that kind of stress? 

     I was burnt out Sunday, but pushed myself to get the tree set up.  (not decorated)  I also switched out the Christmas china from the storage to the cabinets, got the tables set up and put out the nativity set.  Nothing is finished but it looks like Christmas vomited in my house.

     Or as my kids used to say, "Mom, which one of your personalities made this mess?"

Mom is having an open house on Sunday at Sissies and I am sure it will be well attended.  So I have a list of treats to help her make.  I also have to practise the piano every day to play background.  Don't hit the Christmas carols enough.  Put in 1.5 hour practise Thursday  and one hour yesterday.  Hope to get some time in today.

I am going to mix up Kokokasse (coconut log cookies) and peppekkakor(pepper cookies) today ad they have to be refrigerated and then mom can bake at her leisure.  I have to do at least 12 doz of each.

I have all the Christmas bath linens in the wash right now.  Mom's room and bath are the first on the deep clean and I hope to get those done before I go to bed tonight.

    BUT....  I have a bit of sewing to do before I do anything else and I also need to take my kids to dance at a rest home at 6 p.m. I also have a bride at 4 for a try on and i haven't even touched her dress.  Yikes!

     I wanted to do caramels, toffee and fudge later this evening.

okay someone gave the mouse a cookie.

have a great and productive day!

Kim

7 comments:

  1. Glad the show was a success and you survived.
    I'd go with the fudge and say fudge to the caramels and toffee.
    Mmm, fudge........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the easiest recipe. 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cube butter, dash of salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 heaping tablespoons cocoa, 2 squares of melted bakers chocolate, mix smooth add 2 lbs powder sugar, then your nuts. refrigerate until firm. I hope you are still my friend after you try this.

      Delete
  2. Now that the show is over will you have more time for other things? Like making me salivate with every sentence that you type?? I had mixed success with various brittles last Christmas, cashew brittle, pecan brittle but will try again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I can't eat any of it as I am on a diet. It is killing me.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. Fudge! Yummy!

    Glad that the show went well. I am trying to get in the mood to make Christmas treats. I really want to make some that my Grandmother used to make, but not sure if I will have the time. I did buy all the ingredients I would need, now I just need to make time to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well having the ingredients is half the battle, then keeping the Hub's and kids at bay is another!

    ReplyDelete