Monday, March 9, 2020

Monday, I'm sprung, so can't spring, sorry

     I am not a morning person and daylight savings time always kicks my butt in the spring.  Just my luck that yesterday we had Stake conference at church so we had to be at the church at 10:00 rather than noon, which really meant 9:00 which meant getting up at 7:30 to get ready.  I had planned on sleeping in.... Then we had to immediately race out of town to do the 4.5 hour loop of missionary apartments and did not get home until almost 5:00.  So I collapsed in bed and slept for two hours and then went to Lil sis's to dry some clothes.

     Now why did I start physical therapy at 9:00 three days this week?  Meaning I will (in my mind) have to get up at 8:00 (7:00) to get there on time.  I hit the snooze alarm 5 times.... I did get there on time and my back is worse than ever, but I am going to trust that they can fix it.  I love the heat and electric therapy and wish I could just be put in a quite, dark room to sleep with that.  My wish was not granted.

     We were able to find Hubs a new vest and jacket and boots on Saturday.  He needs another vest but so far we have not been able to find a second one.  I am going to have to look online. He has this thing about the number of pockets and the size of pockets. I made all of his outdoor Forestry cruising vests from scratch as He wanted certain pockets and a back pack built in, but I really don't want to make vests for him.  I may have to if I can't find what he wants.

     It is really sunny here but cold.  So beautiful and I want to play outside.  Hubs works a lot at the High School this week.  I will be stuck in the shop.  I should not say stuck as it is a blessing to have the work.  It is so nice to have cash again and not have to write checks for every little thing.  We have been so short on cash this last two months with more bills for the house and less work in the shop.

Today I need to:

1. hem two pairs of jeans
2. hem four pairs of jeans
3. steam a bridesmaid dress
4. alter the bodice of a bridesmaid dress
5. alter sleeves on a suit jacket
6. hem a bridesmaid dress
7. go get a zipper for a jacket
8. perhaps look at the three wedding dresses that are hanging in the shop?

     The little person I sew for just brought in a huge pile of clothes, it will take me at least two days to get his things done.  There are more dresses coming in this afternoon.  Also people picking up so I had better get to work.

Kim
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

18 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better soon! Are those wedding dresses from last week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes some of them. So far I am not feeling better, I think oh I feel better and then I move just right and about hit the floor. which is hard by the way.....

      Delete
  2. I am dragging today too, KIm.
    But the sun shining is helping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing that sunshine cannot make better.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you are still not feeling well. That is a lot of sewing work-my fingers hurt for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just plugging along I have faith that this will work... maybe?

      Delete
  4. Kim,
    I am not a morning person, either. However, I am ecstatic about DST. Of course, I have very few places to be that I cannot power through and sleep afterwards. Actually, I don't think I really feel the change at all. I am so happy about the sun late, that I have never had a complaint. I have every intention of making something with a dozen pockets and reduce my need for a purse. I feel like you do--want to go somewhere quiet and sleep with heating pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was finally able to find a vest on Amazon. I ordered it and if he likes it I will order a couple of other colors.

      Delete
  5. I agree 100%. I hate the time change and it sure does mess me up for a while. I wish they would just leave it alone.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was important for the farmers and using all the daylight they could get. So as I support the farmers I will live with it.

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on the time change and mornings. It takes me a good solid week to feel "normal" again after the time changes. I hope your back gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use an ICU HOT smart relief tens therapy along with a heating pad that goes off by it's self in 2 hrs and an ice pack..ice calms inflammation, heat relaxes. So I used the ice first, then tens then heating pad. I do yoga stretches to keep the back loose.
    I hate DLST. I do better when we turn back to normal time... I told Hubby I was willing to be Amish just for that reason alone as they don't do it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hoping all this therapy will help. I would have thought the Amish wold like daylight savings.

      Delete
  8. I am like you and not a morning guy either.

    ReplyDelete