Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Tuesday, Setting goals for daily work

  I bet none of you knew I was a goal setter?  Haven't figured that out yet? *Snort*

     I actually try and set a few goals everyday.  I usually over plan, okay let's be honest I always over plan, but it does help me get things done.

     If I don't set a goal or make a plan, I waste a lot of time just messing around.  Not that messing around is a bad thing, it can actually be quite enjoyable. I would just take it to the extreme.  I am good at extremes.

     So what am I planning on doing today?  That would be my goal or goals?  Well I really feel I have to sew, and I have to cook something for dinner, and I should take stock of the veggie supply in the house.  I heard broccoli is on sale at Winco for .69 a pound, should probably stock that up. I am out of one of my meds, better send Hub's to the pharmacy, he can take care of that.  The spare bath needs a good scour, and I had better do a load of whites.  Hubs needs to empty all of the garbage as the truck comes tomorrow. I have about 5 bills that need to be paid and a load of mail to read mostly medical stuff.  Now how to accomplish all of this?

     So far no real plan, just a mental list. But as I go through the day I do a thing or two to help.  As in I emptied the garbage in the spare bath, filled the toilet paper caddy, and put disinfectant in the toilet to soak, when I last went in there. I am sure I will be in there again sometime today and will scrub the toilet, so that is done.

      When I go upstairs again I will grab the whites and bring them down and throw in a load. When they are done I will hang them.  Just all part of the movement around the house.  Will sneak out to winco sometime this evening when Hubs is at the High school to get the broccoli and few more veggies.

     There are chicken breasts thawed so I think a stir fry is in order for dinner.  That was easy. I have all the ingredients for a good chicken stir fry.  So dinner is done (in my mind). Now onto sewing.

Plans are made for the household things on my mental to do list, so now onto the shop.

1. press and call client on jacket.
2. hem blue brides maid dress.
3. hem lavender prom dress
4. hem grey pants
5. Alter coat sleeves and shirt sleeves
6. rip and alter neck and sleeves of suit coat
7. go to Joanns for a pink zipper.
8. check satin stock for a wedding dress alteration
9. shorten lavender bridesmaid dress
10. pull out at least one wedding dress and see what needs to be done.

     Okay so I have made plans.  Now the hard part is the get to work.  Yeah the actual work.  Always the hard part I tell you.  So I am going to run upstairs and go Potty (tmi) scrub the toilet, grab the laundry, pull the wedding dress, check the satin stock, run to Joanns, grab a zipper and maybe some satin (first put coupon book for Joanns in my purse) stop at Winco, press and call client on jacket.

Actually got segued by above journey, as in it is election day so stopped to vote, also txt from Relief Society Pres that meals need taken into a family Thurs.-Sunday, so made a phone call and wrote out a message for help from other sisters on face book. It is easy to get side tracked when you have a list and things get added but I will stick to it as I add a few more duties.

     When I get the above done, I will need to figure about when I am going to read all the medical crap and pay those bills.

    On your mark get set go.  Now stick to it.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim


12 comments:

  1. Gosh Kim - sometimes I just feel exhausted reading your lists my friend. One thing I often do when I write lists is write down one or two things I have just now done & then I can immediately cross them off. This sounds ridiculous but it is amazing how it can mentally inspire me to carry on so I can cross more off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have been known on a bad day to write down brush teeth and cross it off then at least I know one thing is done.

      Delete
    2. I've listed that along with make the bed and get dress and get a cup of coffee LOL

      Delete
  2. The broccoli at the Winco in Eastern Washington was 99¢ a pound today. wish it had been 69¢.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the same here. I heard on a blog in the Nevada area it was .69 but I bought it anyway. If I can get things below .99 I usually buy, unless it is a root veggie.

      Delete
  3. I love your lists - they remind me of mine. I'm going to start working from home tomorrow for a month (coronavirus) & am worried about my routine. I definitely need a new plan & routine for ensuring I stay on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough but I have learned to stay on track most of the time.

      Delete
  4. You are more planful than you give yourself credit for. Lists with items crossed off? You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like get, um, hit snooze, wake up, hit snooze, get up......

      Delete
  5. I am so tired all the time that lists are hit or miss as to whether I get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did 1/3rd of the ironing... ran out of hangers will have to go dig some out from the bag where ever it got shoved. (fingers crossed it's in basement and not barn). Decluttered the papers from the bfast bar, dining table and kitchen table.
    Paid the bills for the rest of the month. Did a load of laundry. Did a couple things for Hubby for his business. I don't want to think about dinner but it will either be frozen fish patties and a couple veggies or 123 pasta

    ReplyDelete