Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tuesday, Happy birthday, Schmills and Mom!

William Joel Rae'l Parent shows off his moves
Schmills turns 4 today and mom would have been 87.  Can't believe he is that old.  Daughter sent us a video of him opening the watch we had bought him for his birthday and he was so excited. Daughter has also lost 11 pounds with this pregnancy so I think the doctors are starting to take her sickness seriously.

We had a wonderful time with our two other grandsons.  So fun.  Our eldest Danny loves our dog Roscoe and he was thrilled to have him for a few days.  James is going to be 4 on April 11th and is talking so much more and just turning into a little man.  He was funny and fun to be with. We were able to stop by Hub's parents twice once on the way down and once on the way back.  We will have them come at Easter.  Hub's mom has made arrangements for a bath lady to come in and help his dad bathe and that has taken off some of the strain.

We also were able to see hubs older brother and a nephew that we had not seen in 13 years.  It was so nice. A short visit but well worth it.  I was able to get many alterations done for my daughter while I was there.  The weather was great and we came home to sunshine and I think it is supposed to be 62 here today.  I just must get in a walk.

We are actually home a day early because the shop is busy and I wanted an extra day just to recover and regroup as I am going into my busy season. I have been putting customers off until tomorrow so today I just want to play catch up.

Last night I paid all the online bills and today I will run around and pay the other bills, just get that out of the way for the month.  Hoping this month we can catch up a little financially as we have spent so much money on the house.

As for money saving around here:
 If you are doing the penny by the day challenge you should have 41.36 in your can by the end of the month.  Please check my math....


There is $375.00 in my $5.00 bill savings by the end of February.  I was pretty consistent at saving almost $200.00 a month in fives last year.  So a little behind, but it will catch up now that the shop will be busier.  It is nice to have this as I always have change for 50's and 100's if I get them.


Then I put all extra change into my pig bank.  I do this when my coin purse starts to feel heavy, probably twice a month.

So I have been consistent in this category as for my spending it is chaos and I have to really watch it this month. Actually what I have to do is earn some money. Like as in really work this month.

So what are my plans for today?

Well.....
1. organize the shop and prioritize the work
2. catch up on laundry
3. unpack and put things away from trip
4. clean fridge
5. figure out meals
6. water plants
7. get some painting done in Master bathroom
8. pay  the rest of the bills
9. go see little sis tonight and take a load of laundry to dry


I am happy to be home.  I love going to see my grand kids but home is nice.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.
P.S. Sluggy I really need a Sluggy fix.  How are we going to solve this?  I mean it is bad right now.  Also miss Sissie, bad,bad.
Kim

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice trip and got some grandmother hugs at the same time!
    Now figure out the Sluggy, Sissy fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is so hard when they both live on the opposite side of the country.

      Delete
  2. So glad you had such a wonderful time and a great family visit. Very happy for you. Nice to see you still plugging away with the various methods of saving. You are very dedicated. Glad to see you back - I was starting to get worried then remembered you had a trip planned.
    Go get your Sissy fix!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also very dedicated to eating donuts ask my pants.

      Delete
  3. I was fretting, thinking you were sick. I am glad you saw your grandchildren and other relatives. Maybe Sluggy can bring you a Diet Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your visit with your grandbabies! They make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice reading about all your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun. Someday you will have them and know just what I mean.

      Delete
  6. I put my extra change in a bank also. I only carry $1.05 .. 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickel and 5 pennies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cute. Do you use the money in the bank at any time?

      Delete
  7. Almost a week with out a Kim post! Oh, the agony! So glad you are back home but so glad you got to spend time with family, it's precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I need to figure out how to blog from a different computer> I am working on that. Or I will work on that.

      Delete