Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday, Officially closed?

See the beautiful flowers D#2 sent me for my birthday?  I just love them.   It was a beautiful day which I spent in  the yard. I was able to get quite a bit done, but was very sore from my work out there on Monday. I would love to be out there today but the weather has turned really cold. Drat!

So today come hell or high water, I am going to sew.  I think my feet are getting wet.....

I had a great call from Sluggy wishing me Happy Birthday and a nice talk with my Sissie.  Then last night Hub's let me control the remote.  How great is that?


This is the very messy pond  are that still needs love.  I think it will take a couple of good days to get this ready for spring.  But I am eating this elephant one bite at a time.

Here are the beds I got cleaned out on Monday.  The blueberry bed was a bugger as we have wild garlic that likes to take over so a lot of time was spent trying to eradicate that and yesterday I was able lay down bark left over from last year.  I am also saving the plastic bags and reusing them for yard waste.  Might as well save on other bags and at least give these a twice use, as plastic is not one of my favorite things to use. The hosta's that normally grow here are just starting to peak out.






 Hubs tilled the garden and now I will need to rake it smooth and let it sit for a few weeks.  You can see where I planted many of the bulbs, I still have to clean out this bed and bark it but that is for a later day.

The cedar bark smells so good and bio degrades nicely.  We have great soil with all of our chicken droppings and just adding nutrients and clippings every year.

I cleaned this entire area and it needs constant attention through out the summer and fall.

It was a a lovely day and as I did not sewing I really have to get busy in there.

There are now 3 confirmed cases in our county, so I am closing up shop without an appointment.  No more just drop ins will be allowed until we get an all clear.So that being said I have had 4 people here this morning.  Just not quite sure how to do this.

But traffic has slowed down there are not 15 prom dresses in here right now.  There may not be a prom, but if and when schools open I am sure there will be a rush.

Today I want to get a few things done. I have on nicer clothes so I won't be tempted to go outside and muck around.

1. change the sheets on the beds.  This has not been done since my Aunt left. 2. I also want to take down the St Patrick's day things and put up Easter.  I have been planning on doing this for a week, but have not.  Lil sis gave me some beautiful things of mom's that are for Easter and I am excited to put them out.  I really never have to buy any of this fru fru as I just wait until it is given to me. 3. finish up apples to the freezer.

I also will get several piles of sewing done today:  I am even going to make a list.  Like that might make me do it?

1. hem pj. pants
2. hem prom dress
3. alter and pile of pants 5 pair
6. military badges 5
7. fix a dress
8. fix a simple wedding dress
9. alter another dress
10. mend a shirt
11. mend some pants
12. start to alter a bag of pants 12 pair
13. fix a bag of mending
14. start on the huge pile of clothes for little person

There is so much to do.  I need to get busy.  I think it will be nice tomorrow so if it is I want to be outside.  That is incentive to get as much of this knocked out as possible.

Okay let's see what Kim can do today.  I think I need a diet coke.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are n the negative.

Kim

19 comments:

  1. You got a lot done in the yard. It looks nice.
    Proms and graduations are cancelled for this year here. I feel for the seniors and this is a couple great memories that they won't get to have. I guess better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is so sad and they may get cancelled here also, so my business will take a hit, but that is okay.

      Delete
  2. It does look nice. I was going to put out a call out for hostas this year for anyone doing any thinning that I'd gladly take then off their hands. With the anticipated shortage of funds in our extended family, son, sister, niece, I think the deck demolition and new patio may wait another year. I think I'll compensate with getting more greenery around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes things get put off when an unexpected crisis strikes. So good of you to help your family.

      Delete
  3. It's a wonderful life my dear, and what a nice place you live in. Blessings, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were allowed to control the remote??? In six months I have only controlled the remote for two hours when Tommy went to church and I got to turn up the volume. You had an exceptional birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now, I had to go see if camels were gathering....

      Delete
  5. The yard looks great! Glad you decided to close up the shop to walk ins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes just turned someone away that was out front. Sorry no one comes in
      without an appointment to pick up what is already here. Except police, armed forces.

      Delete
  6. Put a sign on the door where people come to drop things off or drop in. Explain the no drop off rule as you intend to enforce it. Ask the people to call you standing right at your door. Some things might be able to be left with instructions you can hear over the phone. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. better yet can you put the sign out on the street BEFORE they pull in?

      Even the Amish are just pulling in the lane to the side so if I am out and am not near them and waiting away from the house. Hubby stands at the head of the horse to talk to who is in the buggy.

      Delete
    2. This is exactly what I am doing. No new business unless police or servicemen.

      Delete
  7. Great work in your garden. Maybe put a sign on the gate rather than on your door, and ask people to make an appointment, also that their clothes for mending are freshly launderedor dry cleaned so as to minimise spreading infection through surfaces. Wipe down anything that comes in with antiseptic wipes- if possible.
    Tricky one, if you want to keep your sewing business going. Hope your back feels better soon. Good luck!
    J.P. in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enough to keep me busy and I am not taking any new work. My back is much better, after physical therapy. I had to cancel remaining visits, but at least I know what was wrong.

      Delete
  8. I agree with distancing and some of the great comments above. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying, but it is hard. Just had national guard and police here today. The whole shop smells of antiseptic.

      Delete