Saturday, April 23, 2011

Super Saturday!

Yeah!  I love Saturdays, I always have.  Well sometimes I have all day rehearsals and then they aren't so fun, but typically Saturday is a day to do projects and I love a project.

Out My Window: 
It is beautiful today!  The sun is shining every tree is ready to burst.  The tulips are up and the pond looks like a picture.  I have a cast iron frog prince that sits on the waterfall under a hanging pine. He looks like a sentinel.  But it will be a little cold.  I don't believe I will get any work done outside, as I will help my husband with the chicken coop.  My husband has gone profoundly deaf and will not be able to wear his hearing aids while we work so this should be interesting.  Charades with power tools?

I need to get a few more Easter things today and plan tomorrow.  I can't decide between ham or Rib roast.  Should I have strawberry shortcake or Hummingbird cake? Do you realize how blessed we are to live in a country where we have such abundance?  I was able to pay back my emergency fund $200.00 yesterday.  I will try to pay back the other $100.00 this week.  I have a large bill due Monday however and paychecks do not come in until next Friday.  I might have to rob myself again.  It will be so nice to have debt paid off and a larger emergency fund.  Because I would just like to automate my bills and not worry about checks bouncing.  I have a real paranoia about this.  Not that I have had more than say 2 bounce in the last 10 years but so much emotional scarring from living in debt and on the edge.

When did you or I make the decision to get out of debt and why?  What makes us say I have had enough of this turmoil and I won't live this way any more?  I keep trying to find this answer but it alludes me.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Look at it this way, that is what the emergency fund is for. So that when we need to pull money from somewhere to pay a bill we can.

    I found your blog through a comment you left on mine and I am really enjoying it

    Judy

    ReplyDelete