Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday

I am so beat from yesterday.  I feel like I am crawling.  But I did send another $2500.00 off to my husband's truck loan.  This came as an expected surprise on an old debt.  I also had a client pay me for work that was due last March and I will put that $170.00 toward truck today.  So the balance is now below $700.00.  Here is to paying it off by the end of April.  Yahoo!!!! (not the search engine)

Out My Window:


You are not going to believe this but it snowed last night! I am so glad I did not put the plants out.  It is very sunny and pretty so the snow will not last long.  But really it is usually about 70 degrees here by now.  I am still in turtle necks and wool vest with warm socks in my clogs.  Will I ever be able to plant?


I did something different yesterday.  I usually make many costumes for our studio.  I can make them cheaper, they are more modest and they are one of a kind.  But sometimes I have to make multiples of twenty or more.  I make a little more money on these, but it really bottle necks my shop.  I had decided to make 21 dance dress in a Romeo and Juliet style for our upcoming production on Sleeping Beauty.  Then I found a costume called Renaissance in a catalog.  Now I was going to charge the parents $75.00 for these dresses, which was much less than they could have bought them for from a company.  But the costumes I found are about $40.00, and that is with a studio discount.  I can charge $65.00 and I don't have to do a thing.  If I make the other dresses it will keep me from sewing for my regular customers and cost me work.  My idea is to get out of debt so I ordered the costumes.  It will be less stress and in the long run more money.  Did I do the right thing?

I was also able to complete a dress yesterday.  I took in 8 prom dresses so I am slammed.  But I need to earn at least $400.00 by the end of the month to break even.  My car also needs gas and husband drives this week.  I had better get busy.

Have a great productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Great job Kim! That was a huge chunk of dough off your husband's truck! I would love to see some of your dresses. I plan to teach myself to sew this year, but I'm afraid I'll only get as far as cloth napkins!

    ReplyDelete