Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday, I want to enjoy the rest of March!

     I survived the shows and they were great!  It was my easiest performance so far.  I think that I have found a way to eliminate the main problems with past productions.  Sure there were glitches but no major ones and the stress was better.  The students seemed happy with their work and it is so important that they perform for a crowd other than their parents.  It brings their dancing up to a more professional level.  I had one little girl come off the stage (we scholarship her because of her Dad's bad health) and she said," I just want this to go on forever and ever".  You could just see that she was glowing with excitement.  How do you put that into words?  How do you put that into dollars?

     I still had parents that complained about the ticket cost. The Fireman's Pipes and Drums are the non-profit in charge.  But when I do not turn over the proceeds to a non-profit I lose several thousand dollars in advertizing costs.  This way they pay the bills and I walk away with no debt.   They are happy and I am happy.  Plus those same firemen come in and move the floor, move the set and do all the heavy work all year round for all three performances without pay.  It works for me.  I am very grateful.

     I have been so intent on getting this credit card paid off and I know that is where I need to be, but I am going to take the rest of March off.  I will pay then bills with the last two paychecks, which won't come until the end of the month. I need to concentrate on the shop, which by the way has very little work right  now.  I also want to start working in the yard.  Spring is here in a couple days!

     Out My Window: Cold but sunny.  I just took the last of the corned beef and cabbage pot out to the chickens.  They liked it.  I really never have any food waste here.

     Very little cash left in my drawer so I will need to get busy earning more.  This is Hubby's week to drive.  I will need at least $100.00.  I have that but nothing else.  We also need a few groceries.  I usually grocery shop on the weekend and this last one was a blur.

     Have a great and productive day!

Kim
 

    

4 comments:

  1. Glad that the shows went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to have a little break. You've been working so hard lately! It's great your shows went well and were easy. Now take some time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the shows went well - time to relax a little! Just one thing I want to know though - do the firemen do all of that work with their shirts on or off? My little mind is working overtime here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the show! That little girl's happiness makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete