Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday,Martin Luther King Day.

        He was a great man for a great time in our history and I am happy we commemorate him.  I remember clearly the day he was killed.  It seemed to me as a young girl too many times the schools would be closed and we would be sent home by crying faculty.  Home to our parents, where we would quietly turn on the TV to break the silence of our personal thoughts.  No one really talked about the tragedies.  They were too close, too far, too personal.  The television was our soul.  It remained a talking buzz in the back of our brains long into the evening.  I don't know if growing up in this era had a profound affect on me.  I did learn that life was fragile, that to be a public figure may require the ultimate sacrifice,  and that I did not want to become famous.

     It will be a busy week.  Mom has several appointments.  Hub's and I are leaving for the Tri-cities for the weekend to set up the nursery for our grandson.  I have major sewing to do.

       Saturday I cooked a dinner for one of our good friends birthday.  I tried to do all low carb or sugar free.  He is diabetic.  It was fun, but I really did not like the black bean chocolate cake.  I would have liked it if I could have poured hot fudge on it but that kind of defeats the purpose.  It was a fun evening, until I fell asleep.

     Okay I am suffering from exhaustion.  I could sleep 20 hours a day and still be tired.  I think this phase of the illness is the worse.  Pain is one thing but the tiredness is wearing.  I hope I can snap out of it.  I will blame it on January.  Dark, cold, rainy,very little sun. All I can do is push through, it will get better.

     I paid the one bill under the studio as I did not want any more interest and it is gone.  Sissie will be next!
This might just be the high light of my week!

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the debt reduction!!! I can't wait to get a better handle on ours!

    ReplyDelete