Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thursday, A little worried.

     Mom was very sick again last night.  I slept in her room the night before, but felt I needed to get more shut eye, therefore slept up stairs.  Big mistake.  Mom sick again last night.  She could not find the bathroom which is 2 feet from her bed.  She knocked over her lamp (this is the second time) made a big mess and was so embarrassed.  This is really the third time in a week that this scenario has played out.  The first time she got up and cleaned up her own mess.

     After I took her to the dentist yesterday I came straight home and I had a client(a Doctor) come by with three suits.  My customers change in mom's over crowded bathroom, which I try to keep neat.  ( it is an ongoing project of defeat).  I opened the door from my shop into the bathroom and realized that after I cleaned up mom I had not cleaned up the toilet area really well.  ( I know too much info).  I about died of embarrassment.  How could I have missed this?  I mean at 3 in the morning when you are bleary eyed and gagging do you really over look that much mess?

     I explained to the customer that I had been up with mom and had just arrived back from the dentist and had no time to deep clean as I was frantically pulling disinfectant and wipes out from under the sink. He took the items from me and cleaned the whole toilet area.  I was so shocked.  Then he washed his hands and carried on.  Can you believe that?  What a nice man.

     Mom had two small cavities and I had NONE!  My teeth were great, good bones, good gums no signs of any gum disease.  With my sjogren's this is great news.

     I have three wedding dresses in the shop right now and several suits, so I have plenty to do.

   Mom made Swedish meatballs yesterday and we froze most of them.  She is at her church group this morning and I hope she has a good time.  I know she is lonely.  As much as I try I cannot replace all the friends she had in her old neighborhood.

     Well I had better get busy. Need to put on some make-up so I quit scaring people.

It is Sluggy's birthday today so go wish her a Happy Birthday!

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Your mom seems to get sick a lot at night. Is there a reason she gets sick so often? I just wondered because if she doesn't have a health problem that causes this you could try getting her a wedge pillow or elevating the head of her bed may help. Or just have a bucket at the side of her bed so she doesn't have to worry about getting to the bathroom in time.

    ReplyDelete