Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tuesday, I am an elf today!

     Did not get list done yesterday, surprise, surprise!  My new vacuum broke (it just quit working) while I was cleaning the last carpet in the basement, so the family room is not done.  I also did not pay the bills or wrap the presents.  Still need to call Sluggy but forgot the time difference here.  So will add those things to list today.

     I am wearing my elf outfit, of a red and white stripped where is Waldo shirt( think short Waldo)a green fleece vest, bright blue socks, and red shiny clogs with blue jeans.  Boy am I cute!  I am baking today with a girlfriend.

     Hub's went with me last night to exchange vacuum.  Then he put it together when we got home.  I think he knew I was at the end of my rope.  I stayed up way too late last night sewing, but it was fun sewing.  I was making aprons and I still have one to finish and then I have potholders to do.  I love creative sewing where I just get to mess around.

     After the vacuum went down yesterday, I went into the shop frustrated and started to tear into drawers.  I do not know why I do this.  It is my inner twin who is very organized.  I actually cleaned every drawer in my shop out and threw away over two large bags of crap.  I am giving my younger brother two large night stand/dressers that Hub's and I have had for over 25 years.  They were full of stuff and I cleaned them out and consolidated down to other drawers.  So these are ready to truck over to Missoula.

     The  man who has custom made all of our bedroom furniture called and our large bedroom dresser (which will replace 2 smaller dressers) will be delivered tonight.  I am excited.  It is Hub's and my Christmas present.  This will actually get rid of three pieces of furniture in our room and allow for a chair for hub's to sit on while he dresses.  So I will be cleaning more drawers this evening.  Fun.  We will take the two dressers and the large rattan chest over to brother also.  We purchased unfinished pine furniture 25 years ago and it is still in perfect condition although smaller than I would like.  We just take care of things, or maybe we are not hard on things.

     The lady who owns the dogs that killed the chickens came over with 8 dozen eggs yesterday.  So I have a stock pile of eggs!  It was sweet of her, she is still so upset.  I have moved on.  I still giggle when I remember those animals locked in the coop.

     I have a very busy day ahead of me but I am happy as I love the days I can just do things I really love.  I love to cook with friends.  I love to sew at whimsy, I love to purge my life of clutter, I love a simple Christmas season.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get some R&R this Christmas... Nice gift of the eggs... Poor girl...

    ReplyDelete