Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday How am I getting out?

     Yesterday, (Mother's Day) the younger girls were going to cook dinner after they both got home from work. Neither of them cooks well.  I had a ham in the fridge and they put that in about 4:30 ( this ham would take at least 3.5 hours to cook).  D2 gets frustrated in about and hour because she realizes that we will not eat for a long time and she has a huge internet assignment to do for college.   She starts the green beans way too early and the mash potatoes are glue.  Then she decides at 7:30 to make rolls.  Well  I didn't have the heart to tell her that rolls should be started first as they raise twice.  Any way we ate mostly cold or burnt food around 9'oclock.  Husband cleaned up.  It was too funny. 
       I usually cook a huge Sunday dinner, complete with all the trimmings.  I like to cook, I don't like to clean up.  I think these girls just don't realize that cooking is a skill and timing everything out of the oven hot and on the table is very hard.  Anyway it was sweet of them to try.

Out My Window:

Cold and overcast, can you believe that?  I will get out and finish in the front this morning.  I dreamed last night that I was eating peas out of the garden.  I have not even planted a garden!

  I have a huge to do list today, I am going to pay off all costume charges today so that will be off my mind.  Then I can concentrate on  bills and studio work. 

    I have been thinking about debt and how to get out.  I know that cutting back on spending is important.  You must stop the flow of money out.  But to really get out in a timely manner you must EARN MORE MONEY.  This has been my key.  I am very tired by the end of the day.  My Husband and I clean 3 county building 5 nights a week.  We cannot start these until after 8:30 in the evening.  Some actually most nights I am so tired and sore.  I can get very cranky as I empty the trash cans, sometimes I think I cannot continue to do this.  But this side hustle brings in over $1000.00 a month.  It is the secret to our getting out of debt.  Almost every night I tell myself you are doing this to make the future better.  You won't be here forever.  Or I tell myself when I am done and on my way home, "You just put $50.00 more dollars toward your debt!"

     My question is, How many of you have a side job dedicated to debt?

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Would like to get a side job, but not for the reasons of getting out of debt. Need the extra money for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great side job! Sounds like it will go a long way to helping you pay off debt. I don't have one yet, but I'm starting to think about it. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete