Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday, okay now I am scared

     I paid my first new big house payment yesterday.  It was for $1400.00.  The old house payment was $950.00.  I also used to pay $250.00 -$300.00 a month to the Heloc which usually just covered the interest.  So this is at least $200.00 more.  This new payment forces me to pay off the heloc along with the house but I feel like I am not going to make it.  I have $12.69 in the checking account, until the 10th.  Now I do have cash in my purse and more will come in next week in the shop, but the new payment just looks so large and it took every thing to make it.  How long will it take me to adjust to this I wonder?
 
      I will make my first $500.00 payment on the 5th, for that new loan I took out to cover the US Bank evil debts a month ago.  This will not be so hard as it comes out of the studio account and I was always paying $500.00 to my Mom.  I will really see no difference.  I do keep my business (studio account) and my personal money separate. The studio is LLC and you cannot mix money or you breach the veil of trust or some such legal jargin. (daughter talking here) 

     I did get off my butt and get some sewing done yesterday, I only have two more full dryers worth of pears to do and I am still eying  the blanket  in the shop with caution!

     Out My Window:  I need to water the flowers, and clean the chicken coop today!  I am also going to wash both vehicles and vacuum the inside.  The  food bank is having a pickup for food so I had best get something out there.   The boy scouts who pick it up every year know where our storage is off the garage and will stand there until we come out.

     I feel broke and over whelmed and it is only the first of October!  Okay I need a change of attitude.....splat.

Hubby is fishing and just called me to say he hasn't eaten breakfast so when I call him he will come home.  I laughed and said promise.  He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

8 comments:

  1. That does sound overwhelming, but maybe if you think of it as a challenge to pay your debt down faster it can be motivating? You are doing a good thing for yourself and your family...don't lose sight of that. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not look directly at the blanket and it will not hurt you. Really do not look at it.

    Dont worry you will make it. You have paid the big bill, the studio is bringing in money, and the boyscouts will be happy.

    Again DO NOT LOOK AT THE BLANKET. IF IT SEE'S YOU IT WILL GROW BIGGER

    judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim dearest, it will be okay. I promise. We've got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It probably won't make you feel any less scared, but know that you're not alone. I'm scared every payday that there won't be enough to cover everything. But we both know we can do it. We can.

    And, it's true. We've got your back.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will adjust to the larger payment...think of it this way...it is an additional $50 a week (yeah, I know there are some months with 5 weeks...). But if you are able to cut $50 a week...there is your money. Or make an extra $50. Whichever.

    If it makes you feel any better....our mortgage is creeping toward $1700 because of escrow stuff. We pay $1067 in interest and principal...and over $600 just for escrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a big $$ jump and yes it's scary now 'cause it's NEW, but it will become less scary as you go from month to month and manage to make it.
    Hey, did your daughter get the job??
    I love that "we all have your back"! That's what I was writing about a few posts ago - I just love the support we have in this little network of ours - it makes the world of difference to me,and I'm sure to you too!
    You have more $$ coming in with the extra cleaning you'll be doing - I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is scary because it's new but you will soon get used to it, like Mysti said it's 50 week more you are doing great, I don't often post. Don't be scared, that's what we are here for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that does sound scary but I have been reading your blog for a while and things always seem to work out for you so I'm sure this is one more thing that a couple of years from now you will wonder why you ever worried about it. I hope you are enjoying the new house!!

    ReplyDelete