Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday, better than I hoped!

     Daughter #2 will  not know if they will hire her until Saturday morning.  They paid her straight out for 5 hours work, so that seems to be a no to me, but they are having several people work and I can't imagine trying to do payroll for one time on several people.  They can easily put that under contract labor and be done until they decide.  We will still keep our fingers crossed.  But with what she was paid $33.00 an hour she had just enough to pay her rent!  Daughter #2 is in a dilemma because we made her rent an apartment and get a roommate.  She found a roommate, but because freshman have to live on campus I signed the lease as her roommate.  This insured that she was living with me.  (This daughter has bad health issues from a case of toxic shock she had 4 years ago, she will never be normal, gets sick easily)  So we interviewed several roomies, chose one and this girl paid rent in August and then said she was getting married the end of September.  We did not have her sign a lease.  (Yeah stupid)  However, she said she would up hold the agreement to rent until Christmas the original date of the Wedding. We have to call and nag and make sure she is paying it is scary.  But  I am proud of B, she did this and they brought over cash yesterday so I am off the hook for rent this month.  Yeah!

     Well I got my first taste of being on call and I am not so sure I likes it.  I only had to teach one hour yesterday so I went home at 4:30 and took a nap until 6:30 then I went and did a building and a bottling plant.  I was tired after that called Hubby and he met me at our bank, then when we were almost done, Daughter #2 calls and she is up at daughter #3's and has driven for 5 hours and is tired, wants to spend the night.  Would we clean her building.  That would be #4 my legs screamed.  But we did it!  Gave me an idea of cleaning 4 buildings in a row.  What if that happened on a show night or a Tuesday when I teach until 8:30.  I don't know, I guess I will just get a schedule and let people know first come first serve.  I think the manager this time let way too many people have time off within a given week. Anyway this is how I look at it I have earned 8 more hours of work, but I really only put in about 2.5 hours of labor.

     Out My Window:  I have to clean the chicken coop tomorrow, yuck!  But we are getting  a lot of eggs!

     I am going to purchase 4 cases of vegetables at a case sale and pay my house payment, then get these nails looked at they are a mess.  The food dehydrator is still going strong.  I also need to get some sewing done.  I have been very lax except for homecoming dresses that have to go out.  Shame on me!  I am so looking forward to this weekend.

  Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. LOTS going on for you and your DDs! What a nuisance that the roomie bailed and hope your DD can continue to "put the screws" to her and the rent money. Sounds like an awfully sudden decision to get married!
    I stayed home from school today, have a very scratchy throat and headache so didn't accomplish ANYTHING today except for hopefully heading off a major cold by taking oil or oregano every couple of hours...we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend just put apples in the food dehydrator today. Any other recipes or tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such things any dish washing sink, tray clothing,
    your kitchen's shower not to mention dish washing h2o generally rather , it really is near overlook that that you'll very likely
    necessity laundry washing devices to formulate your attire likewise.
    People who have tremendously working mornings, you want a
    number of them breakfast time foods which is really develop.
    Distribution # 4 tablespoons bitter creamy combo around the core tortilla.
    No matter if for being mind-boggling, then utensil is actually preparing your receipee and simply heating.
    A suitable channel cake some other type of approach is just most suitable!



    Feel free to visit my homepage ... convection oven countertop ratings

    ReplyDelete