Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday, Busy canning tomatoes

     Hubby and I went out this morning and bought him new work tennis shoes, also hit a sale on a couple of pair of pants and a new rain jacket.  He rarely buys clothes, because he works in the woods and ruins them immediately.   We also bought groceries and I purchased some ornamental cabbages for the flower boxes.  I had a gift certificate to a nursery that I needed to use.
     We canned 12 quarts of tomatoes and I put all the jam supplies away and really cleaned the kitchen.  I will try to can at least 50 quarts of tomatoes before October, this should last us a year.  But every time I do a project like this I have to rearrange the storage.  I feel like all I do is move one pile to another pile.

     Out My window:  I have a goal to clean out and weed one small section of the backyard a day all next week.  I have divided the back yard up into 5 parts.  If I do a part every morning before it gets hot it will be done by next Saturday.  It is such a mess.  So far the chickens have laid 6 small pullet eggs.

    Hubby and I will go clean the bank and then I think I will watch a movie.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim


 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good way to get your yard cleaned up. I actually use the same methods INSIDE the house. It's too overwhelming to clean all at once so I break it down into areas.
    I had such a relaxing Saturday. Michael works Saturdays now so I was free free free to do whatever I wanted! What a luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of tomatoes!! Will be nice to be set for the year though!! :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete