Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday, So now that I got my wish...

     We had 39 students last night.  We have over 30 new students.  So now that I got my wish where are we going to put them?  We sat up until 1 a.m. trying to cast the 12 days of Christmas.  Very hard with this much enrollment, but I think we worked it out!  We have some cute ideas.  I just don't want to have to order a bunch of Costumes, nor do I want to have to make a bunch.  We provide the costumes for this show.  We have done it before but the kids grow and things wear out.  I will do an inventory when we are posting the cast list.  We will not do this until the end of September.
     That said if we can get everyone to pay their tuition I should be able to pay Mom off and then some on the next CC to be paid.  I am holding my breath.  What floors me is parents that call in August and register their kids.  We jot down the name but no form shows up.  Then they show with the forms and take the classes. They hand us the registrations but leave without paying any fees!  Did they not know that they had to pay a $20.00 registration fee? Did they not think they had to pay tuition?  We actually had 8 students do this last night.  Now if they are established with us it is one thing.  We do charge a $10.00 late fee and I might raise this to $25.00.  But the first month when everything is so crazy I hate to be a crank.  But would you ever walk into an establishment and watch your children take classes and then leave and not pay?  I know they are coming back because they turned in registrations.  If you want your children to do activities you must pay for those.  Am I not right?  Judy don't you save for lessons?  I know Carla sews and save for guitar!  I mean really.  (Be prepared for this same rant all year long)

     Out My Window:  Okay so I weeded around the fire pit and cleaned out the rest of the flower boxes in the back.  It took 1.5 hours.  I did not get to the small patio.  I will do that tomorrow.  I also think I will pick up all the debris that I have pulled so far and bag.  I still have much to do.  We will see Thursday and Friday.  I know Saturday, Hubby and I will work in the yard in the morning.

     I worked like a demon on the dress blues yesterday and the young man has not picked them up!  I know his inspection is today!  Oh to be young and irresponsible!  I did $85.00 worth of sewing yesterday.  But I need to get my butt in there and get caught up!  I think I weeded too hard and now I want to take a nap!

     Fiscal fast update!  I did not spend any money, but daughter asked if I wanted a cold soda?  I said yes,(it was 100 here at 5:30 p.m.)  She then took the money from my wallet to buy 3 soda's for herself another teacher and me.  Does this count? :)  Remember it was 100 degrees!

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I really can't believe thye don't pay... ok wait... I do believe it and its because they can get away with it. You are a softy! I absolutely would raise the late fees, more incentive for them to pay up! You aren't running a freebie here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soda on a 100degree day does not count, so just forget about that. I believe it about people not paying thats why I hated being treasurer of soccer. When I couldnt afford the whole season payment at once I called and asked them if I could split it into two 85.00 payments and they said fine because they know me and know I will pay. But I would have never done it without checking with them


    Judy

    ReplyDelete