Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday, Goals, Goals, Goals

     Crawled out of bed this morning.  Had a good turnout last night, not stellar but I was pleased.  Lost at least 6 older students to graduation and busy lives.  But to tell you the truth they were not my best dancers.  Nice girls and fun, it will not hurt the final product.  I just hate to lose kids that I have had for 12 years, but they do grow up.   I am more interested in the new little enrollment because from them comes the loyalty that stays with you.
     We had 5 new last night and this is only the first day.  I will stay positive. Started a Christmas # last night so we are not rushed at Christmas time with all the show and performance stuff.
     When I came home from teaching I had a bride in my shop!  It was 8:30 at night and I needed to get some protein in my stomach and go clean the bank.  She had 7 bridesmaids, 4 dresses were fine, but three of them although they were hemmed well were taken in by someone who did not know how to alter!  What a mess.  Pick out all her pleats and tucks and start over.  I have to have these done buy Thursday.  Money, Money!  Also the shop will be busy today, people know I am back in town.  Bride was in hysterics, but I calmed her down.  Why do people do things when they do not know what they are doing?  Well I guess on another note I also had to learn this skill.
    
Out My Window:  Sunny, warm  late summer weather.  I can't look at back porch, so much needs to be done and I can't get to it until Saturday so I will selectively neglect it!

     I am going in to do a deposit and then pay some bills, at least get bills from August paid, then set up a September budget.  I am going on a fiscal fast next week so I need to plan ahead.  Can I go a week without spending any money? 

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are really busy Kim!

    I'm looking forward to having company on my fiscal fast...it's much more fun that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that you don't undervalue yourself. You have not only a skill, but an art form....I hope you charge accordingly. Especially when they need it ASAP!!

    I have no idea how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the fiscal fast next week too!! In fact, I'm practising right now lol! No time to spend money though I bought some groceries, but that doesn't count!
    Glad you have some new little dancers. My daughter started Highland dancing at age 4 and kept going til she was 16 - then the need to have jobs in the summer prevented her from competing. We still both really miss her dancing days.

    ReplyDelete