Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday, no spending around here

     I will be doing a lot of subbing in the next two weeks and learning new buildings in preparation to taking over a different part of the cleaning company we work for.  I am a little worried about this, it comes with some nice perks, but just the weekend of the first week in October there are about 18 extra hours. Now this is divided over about a week and some nights there would be 3 more buildings.  I have agreed to try this, it is an on call manager position.  All of those extra hours which should total no more than 40 a month mean an extra $400.00 to ward the house payment.  Or some other debt.  The old manager says that she usually does not put in more than 10 extra hours a week running supplies around and subbing, but I still worry as I have such a full schedule.

     The old manager used to just manage but she finally took up a well paid for CU as she said she lost money subbing.  So I will not give up our good big bank.  It only takes us about 45 minutes to an hour and we get paid for 4.5 hours a night.  Any extra hours put in are extra.  I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I will get a paid cell phone, so I can drop my cell phone bill and I will get a small truck to drive when ever I go any where.  I don't really drive much, but we can literally park our big truck.  Just the savings on the gas and the cell phone will be over $200.00 a month.  Still I am a worry wort.  Until I see the plan in action I will not be able to imagine it.  I also need to get hubby on board, if there are two of us subbing it is much easier.  Or I can clean and he can run supplies.  I guess not knowing the future is the problem.

     I am trying to save money in the shop this week.  I need at least $400.00 to get to Daughter #3's house over Columbus Day weekend.  So far I have $140.00 saved hope to have $200.00 by tonight.  So no spending on frivolous items.  We have a ton of food in the house so I don't for see more than one trip to the store in the next week.  Hubby will need gas and that is it!


     Out My Window:  Fall is beautiful here.  The burning bushes are starting to turn red and the autumn spirea are also going gold and brown.  So pretty.  We have a tall type of succulent that goes full red in the cold weather and the sumac is spectacular this time of year. Jane needs to be here with her camera!

     Well I have a pile of work to do and I need to teach a long time tonight and then possibly sub or learn a couple of new buildings.  But first of all I could get dressed!  See now that the yard is done I can laze around in my p.j.s before the shop opens at 10.  In fact I did not get up until 8:45 today!  Can you believe that?  It was wonderful.  But now I need to crack my whip!

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Hope the subbing works out - it is hard to see how it will fit in with everything else you do until you start getting calls. Good luck with it - the extra $$ will sure come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your savings goal! I don't know how you do it all! You seem crazy busy!! lol!

    ReplyDelete