Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, Be careful what you pray for!

     The shop was a little slow last week and I was a tiny bit worried.  I am a worry wort if you haven't figured that out already.  So I have really been praying for more work to pay bills.  Finally by last Friday I figured I had a good days worth of work in the shop.  So because of my desperate need for money (did I just say desperate?) I hit the shop at 10:00 yesterday determined to sew.  Well $305.00 worth of work came in yesterday.  So now I am slammed.  I am also thrilled!  Remember the challenge?  I need this moolah!

     I was able to take in $85.00 yesterday.  $50.00 goes to hubby for gas and the rest goes to the housekeeping fund.  I should take in at least $30.00 today so both of those bills are paid.  Now Hubby will have to have at least another $40.00 by Friday.  All other money goes to groceries (what we absolutely need) and then the fridge account.  So I am looking at the end of the week to be at least $100.00 into this goal.  Hooray!  Here I am counting my chickens, I do that a lot.

     I also sadly took the beautiful Christmas tree I purchased and loved back to the store.  This is why we keep receipts.  I was credited $202.00 on the cc.  So although I would have rather had a substitute tree, I will have less to pay back on the Credit Card.  Of course I will have to purchase another tree next December.  But I am also going to look on Craigslist for a tree and really watch the sales.

    I actually had a NO SPEND DAY yesterday!  I hope for another today!  I was tempted.  Hubby wanted gum at the store where we returned the tree, but I told him he had his own pocket money.  I wasn't spending any money.

     Out My Window:  Warmer that usual, chickens are laying well.  I need to give neighbors some eggs.  It is still sunny today.

     So I am going to go get ready for the day and hit the shop, I need to be at the studio at 3 for a few minutes and then don't teach until 5:30.  But I have some banking to do, and bills to mail that I have been holding in my purse waiting for today's pay check.  I also paid the rent at the studio last night and now all I have to pay is the Visa bill.  I hope to give it at least $1000.00.  We will see.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on being slammed with work and the no spend day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! That is fabulous - good news is spreading like wildfire today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when this kind of thing happens! I'll gladly take slammed over .. well.. the other thing.

    Also, Beautiful template for your blog. Reminds me of candy.. mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are able to bring in some $$$! I bet the rest of the month will be full too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! Hope the work isn't too much that will cause you stress though. Take it in stride and it will keep coming. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!!! Now dont overwork yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete