Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, out of touch

     I feel so out of touch, I don't know if it was having company or just the intensity of the company.  BIL left yesterday morning and I realized that  this is the week of the winter ball I have several dresses that need to go out.  I also have at least 30 pairs of trousers that need altered. Since BIL could not be left alone and had to read over my shoulder I decided to get right in the shop.  Sewed $150.00 before I left for the studio.  I know it was a National Holiday yesterday but I am self employed and we only take off a few of these a year.

     The college starts today so I have 11 teaching hours to fill, but I will combine some of them and drop others.  It is no fun to be in a class with 2 students.  I am seriously thinking of dropping this program next year.  We can all see right now it is not a financially feasible program.  But we are in it for the year.

     You would be very proud of me.  I had volunteered to go and  clean the Green Room at the local High School on Monday morning.   Because I have worked in the Fine Arts dept for 20 years I know where every thing goes.  Also I am fast worker.  But when I got up and realized how much work I had to do, I did not go in.  I thought, if I do go and clean for 4 hours I will be SO behind and it will stress my whole week.  This is a year of less stress. So although I felt guilty I did not go.  They costumed the show and called and gave me notes on what will be needed. I will need to redo or make at least 9 costumes but that is doable.

  I also have many Celtic costumes to make and a number with ghosts and wolves so I will have to come up with those.  Tonight is Celtic night and I will figure out who needs what and go from there.  I do beleive that I will have at least 25 dresses.  So I had better get busy.  The parents pay for these and I do make a profit.  Not large but enough to offset the shop.  No more giving my time away.  Then scrambling to pay bills.  That is over.  Less stress remember.  But I do have to stay on top of things and I will.

     I spent $2.97 yesterday and I forgot we need milk!  So I will have to go back to the store. Drat.

     The company we clean for is doing an overhaul and cutting wages, I don't know if we are affected.  If we are do we stay?  If we don't stay how do we pay bills?  I am waiting.  Hubby wants to stay so we will see.

     I need to get into shop and get busy as I have to be at the college by 2 p.m. Then 3.p.m. and then teach at 5:30 so I should be able to get some sewing done today.

     Out My Window:  It has snowed the last 3 mornings.  We are finally getting some moisture.  It does not stick here and has been warm during the day.

     Have a great and productive day!

Kim

5 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't go in and clean. Stress is not a good thing.

    You must be an incredible seamstress with all the sewing you do! I am in awe.

    Hope things work out with the company you clean for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would your husband do the banks without you? Maybe it would give you a little breathing room for yourself for a bit to just..be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope today will be better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It rained here yesterday and the little snow we had is gone once again. Then we had a flash freeze so a little worried about the roads this morning. Kim - it is OK to say no, and I'm so glad you did. See how aware of your stress level you are becoming? Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we borrow a few hours of snow? It's the middle of January and we had a 62 degree weather last night! Also, don't forget to unwind. Dont let work get the best of you.

    ReplyDelete